Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.6f460816e52ab3f6126ef2ed6b68f9c0

The Weird Science of growing old, Bill B! Happens to the BEST of US!
The great equalizer

I've read Bill's column for like 20 years. One of the most reasonable, articular, and well-thought-of writers on film and home media. I sure hope the studios pay attention...but I kind of doubt they will.
Ironically, WARNER ARCHIVE division hits home run after home run with their 1080p restorations of older Warner Classics but fails to include any bonus material [or very scant at best]. Why Warner doesn't include DOLBY VISION remains a mystery but their 4K discs aren't bad, IMO, at all, except they should utilize the larger 4K capacity discs for improved bit ratio!

DISNEY which now controls the 20th Century Fox catalogue, OTOH, is downright lacking!

Ironically, WARNER ARCHIVE division hits home run after home run with their 1080p restorations of older Warner Classics but fails to include any bonus material [or very scant at best]. Why Warner doesn't include DOLBY VISION remains a mystery but their 4K discs aren't bad, IMO, at all, except they should utilize the larger 4K capacity discs for improved bit ratio!

DISNEY which now controls the 20th Century Fox catalogue, OTOH, is downright lacking!
I don't disagree. I have hundreds (I am not exaggerating) of Warner Archive releases (though most are DVD). Warner always seemed to me to be the doing the best by its archive material, out of the Big Five.

I'm pretty sure it was only Disney that refuses to use Dolby Vision, but if you told me it was both, I wouldn't be surprised.

Back