Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Game of Thrones has the whole show in Dolby Vision/Atmos on 4K discs, but that’s also a modern show that likely planned for 4K from the start.
Right, I forgot about that, even though I own the 4K set. 🙃 But as you allude to, it was shot digitally, perhaps even in 4K. I should have specified "*classic show shot on film/analogue video."

That said, Janus Films, parent company of the Criterion Collection has been posting still images from all Twin Peaks media on their twitter (season 1, 2, FWWM, The Return), as well as other Twin Peaks related ephemera (like a still of the Sesame Street parody Twin Beaks) leading people to think that some sort of 4K Criterion Collection Twin Peaks set is coming soon (if so I’m first in line)
Well, that's an exciting prospect! I have the previous deluxe box set that includes the pilot and Part 8 of the "Limited Event" series in 4K, and it's a lovely, lavish affair.

Well, that's an exciting prospect! I have the previous deluxe box set that includes the pilot and Part 8 of the "Limited Event" series in 4K, and it's a lovely, lavish affair.
I nearly got that myself but I didn’t have 4K gear at the time and other than those two 4K episodes and a ComicCon panel I believe it has all the same features as the The Missing Pieces and The Return sets I already have. That said, the whole shebang in 4K is worthy of an upgrade.

I just received via USPS a disc in a paper sleeve in a sturdy cardboard envelope from "Paramount Home Ent-Consumer Replacements" Valencia, Ca. Titanic - 4K Ultra HD Replac .
Anyone know what this is about and how they got my address?

From STUDIO CANAL and director Francis Ford Coppola THE CONVERSATION [Native UHD4K from the OCN/HDR10/DTS~HD MA 5.1 & original MONO]

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/conversation-le-studiocanal-2024-uhd

81H+cNtYpcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon plays games with shifting discounts on Criterion during that time frame but yes, if you are patient you will end up with the same deal.
I can pick up locally so B&N is often a winner.

Looking forward to this one! I'm also curious as to whether the transfer/master for The Shape of Water will differ from the standard 4K UHD release.
I wondered this as well. The new Criterion release states that it is a 4K digital master, while Blu-ray.com states that the original 4K release is a 2K DI, for what it’s worth. Not sure if that information is correct or not.

Back