Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
delicious-in-dungeon.jpeg

First anime I've come across that makes real use of surround. Included some aggressive panning of character voices as they moved relative to the camera.

Criterion has a 50% off sale twice a year, but i can't remember if prereleases are part of the deal.
Sometimes YES and sometimes NO, Clem! My last order with B & N did include a pre order but it was pretty imminent. This latest batch of Criterion titles won’t be released until January 2025 and I’m sure the B & N sale will be around Black. Friday/Cyber Monday and AmazonUS usually matches their prices around that time as well.

Sometimes YES and sometimes NO, Clem! My last order with B & N did include a pre order but it was pretty imminent. This latest batch of Criterion titles won’t be released until January 2025 and I’m sure the B & N sale will be around Black. Friday/Cyber Monday and AmazonUS usually matches their prices around that time as well.
AFAIK the rule is if the title is being released the month of the B&N sale (July/November) then it qualifies, otherwise it does not.

delicious-in-dungeon.jpeg

First anime I've come across that makes real use of surround. Included some aggressive panning of character voices as they moved relative to the camera.
I'm not a big anime watcher, but you should check out the 2009 "Hypersonic" 5.1 Mix on Akira (1988)...it's a showstopper!

I'm sure @Sonik Wiz would also have some other examples of good surround activity.

Back