Hawkwind - In Search Of Space (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix out in August!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that can't wait, like me. Lasercd is Shipping In Search of Space. I received shipping notification this morning. It $71. I was able to use loyalty points to get the final price down to $50.20 including shipping.

As the countdown continues, it is of note that the title of this thread is in error, despite the visual evidence.

I attribute it to the artwork bleeding across the bottom of the X on the cover.

1723859247405.png

The hype sticker on the new box set is correct, but adds a hyphen rather than a space after the X, to clarify that the title is not >> XIN SEARCH OF SPACE <<. o_O

1723859581818.jpeg

Extensive discussion on discogs:
https://www.discogs.com/master/28030-Hawkwind-X-In-Search-Of-Space

Regarding the 'X', the "Optics/semantics" credit on this is probably quite profound in retrospect.

The visual semantics of Barney Bubbles' design and creativity in the sleeve art has led to much conjecture regarding the true title of this work.

To those in the Notting Hill cradle of the 'underground movement' and in its music press at the time, the work was commonly known (from its cover art text title »X IN SEARCH OF SPACE«) as "X In Search Of Space"...
...despite the visual evidence of the title... ...various issuers of this work have consistently titled it "In Search Of Space", for reasons so far unknown.
There is even 'kerning controversy' that the title may be "Xin Search Of Space"...

Last edited:
Oh my! Most excellent mix. Another Tayler Masterpiece of mixing. Great utilization of all five speakers. Everything is so tastefully well placed in the sound field IMHO.
This is the only way to listen to Hawkwind in my book. Very thrilling listen. I know it's In Search of Space but we are talking astounding sounds, amazing music here! Thank you Mr Tayler. If they exist, I sure hope you get the multi tapes of Doremi Fasol Latido and Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music.
Folks, the way You Know You're Only Dreaming goes into Master of the Universe is so frickin incredible to me. WOW! Master of the Universe begins side two on vinyl but the way they are connected on the Blu ray is so dang cool. A well taken liberty by Mr Tayler that is so in the spirit of Hawkwind. IMHO I need to visit my One Way Records copy to see if it is joined this way. Damn is it cool.

Same here😭
I'm certainly not crying about it, most definitely not fishing for sympathy, or angry & sad reaction emojis.

I would gladly have paid list price or more for this box.
I have been down this road before with importcds.
There is no amazonian pre-order low price guarantee with them.

It's a coin toss whether the charges could drop after ordering, or it may go out of stock at the original price.
I was happy to lock in at the lowest cost available at the time to have release day shipping.

For the price of a pint of quality local micro-brew double IPA & a tip for the bartender, it's a write-off to capitalism & commerce. Cheers! 🍻🍺🍻🚀 💫 🛸

I expected the surround version of the first album I ever got (ignoring the Sooty & Sweep LP that is) to arrive but nothing, not even a shipping email and I bought from Cherry Red :(

Back