Hawkwind: Space Ritual (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds too good to be true, but I ordered it, too. If it falls through I'll just go to ImportCDs.

Yup. Wont know until October if it ships or not......
But like others I got the Tangerine Dream Hades very cheap from Amazon Italy. But that was an after release price drop as I recall.

I'm out of town for busines since Monday, or Tuesday...can't really remember. I happened to check my work PC in the middle of the night...I think middle of Wednesday night and saw someone link up Amazon price in Germany on this title. Took a chance, and was able to place my order. I just rechecked my final order, and my cost, shipped is $49.06.

Like you all, seems way too good to be true. We'll see what they do.

Not yet for me. If they're going to cancel, I hope it's sooner than later so I can order it elsewhere and get it near the release date. Sucks that I won't find it at that great of a price. Drats

My copy arrived yesterday from Cherry Red. Beautiful box set, and the surround is cool.
I ripped the 10 CD's last night and unfortunately there is only tagged data on CD 1&2.
The remaining 8 discs all rip well, play well, have a numbered track list, but no track names, band name, etc.
I don't mind tagging by hand as this is my hobby, but going to see if I can find a service, will start with MMH first for tagging.
I notice that some times on brand new releases that are many disc box sets, the tagging data is not available from certain tagging sites, but a month from now they will be populated.
EDIT:
I used Music Media Helper (MMH) for all tagging of the 10 CD's, fairly easy. I found the best source under Hawkwind Space Ritual to be a 2007 2 X CD DVD, which had the same titles, same order, etc. Total time ripping and tagging all 10 CD's probably about 90 minutes, give or take.

Last edited:
Dammit. My Hawkwind order was cancelled on Amazon de. That happen for anyone else?
How was it cancelled? Did they send an email saying so? I haven't received any emails, and my order is still there.....even though they say "temporarily out of stock" I even checked my spam folder...nothing in there either.

How was it cancelled? Did they send an email saying so? I haven't received any emails, and my order is still there.....even though they say "temporarily out of stock" I even checked my spam folder...nothing in there either.
I have no idea. I didn't have an email set up at the time, and it didn't even text me about it.

My copy arrived yesterday from Cherry Red. Beautiful box set, and the surround is cool.
I ripped the 10 CD's last night and unfortunately there is only tagged data on CD 1&2.
The remaining 8 discs all rip well, play well, have a numbered track list, but no track names, band name, etc.
I don't mind tagging by hand as this is my hobby, but going to see if I can find a service, will start with MMH first for tagging.
I notice that some times on brand new releases that are many disc box sets, the tagging data is not available from certain tagging sites, but a month from now they will be populated.
EDIT:
I used Music Media Helper (MMH) for all tagging of the 10 CD's, fairly easy. I found the best source under Hawkwind Space Ritual to be a 2007 2 X CD DVD, which had the same titles, same order, etc. Total time ripping and tagging all 10 CD's probably about 90 minutes, give or take.

Please tell us about the surround mix please !

I listened to the original remasters, CD's 1 & 2, first to get my self acquainted, this box set I would say is a historical listen in Hawkwind music at least for this one album.
The 5.1 is pretty stunning as far as the mix goes, I was immediately transformed into space on the opening track.
What I didn't know prior to purchase is this is all LIVE, I think. You can hear faint audience participation, but definitely faint.
The swirling sounds of Psychedelia is very good. If you like to smoke weed, you will be in heaven.
My choice as always was the 5.1 DTS HD MSTR at 24bit/96Khz. DR's are 10, 12's, 13's, 14, 15.
Hats off to a really good remix @Stephen W Tayler

I listened to the original remasters, CD's 1 & 2, first to get my self acquainted, this box set I would say is a historical listen in Hawkwind music at least for this one album.
The 5.1 is pretty stunning as far as the mix goes, I was immediately transformed into space on the opening track.
What I didn't know prior to purchase is this is all LIVE, I think. You can hear faint audience participation, but definitely faint.
The swirling sounds of Psychedelia is very good. If you like to smoke weed, you will be in heaven.
My choice as always was the 5.1 DTS HD MSTR at 24bit/96Khz. DR's are 10, 12's, 13's, 14, 15.
Hats off to a really good remix @Stephen W Tayler
Thanks for your first impression (y) . Yes, its all live. I'm really looking forward to this one, as its an album that I know inside and out. My copy is arriving tomorrow, but I won't be able to listen tomorrow as I'm out at The Royal Albert Hall actually watching Hawkwind in concert!

Back