Hawkwind: Space Ritual (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your first impression (y) . Yes, its all live. I'm really looking forward to this one, as its an album that I know inside and out. My copy is arriving tomorrow, but I won't be able to listen tomorrow as I'm out at The Royal Albert Hall actually watching Hawkwind in concert!
Good for you, that is cool.
As much as I like to explore these box sets and embrace all of a box set I must say this 5.1 is really super, hard to get into the rest with such a great 5.1.
Plus it is a long listen, 18 tracks.
Two HiRes listens and 10 CD's, there is no time for Who's Next :ROFLMAO:

It's a live recording, but with overdubbing and mixing for the original album release. Hawkwind were really at the high-point of their career around the time of Space Ritual. I'm really looking forward to hearing Mr. Tayler's surround mix!

Those that ordered from Amazon.de, have you received a shipping notification? So far, I haven't.

This is what I’ve got. If they don’t cancel it I should be seeing a shipping confirmation any day now.

IMG_3218.jpeg

It's a live recording, but with overdubbing and mixing for the original album release. Hawkwind were really at the high-point of their career around the time of Space Ritual. I'm really looking forward to hearing Mr. Tayler's surround mix!
There was very little overdubbing for the original release/mix, mostly a handful of the vocals or parts that were accidentally missing or poorly recorded - however for the new mixes of the individual shows I tried to use the original parts where available - new techniques make restoration and postproduction much more possible.....

This is what I’ve got. If they don’t cancel it I should be seeing a shipping confirmation any day now.

View attachment 96738
I have the same thing. Thanks 👍 the blue line is gradually moving forward. I will feel a lot better when it says dispatched. Then I will move onto the next level of anxiety waiting for it to show up at my door 😶‍🌫️

There was very little overdubbing for the original release/mix, mostly a handful of the vocals or parts that were accidentally missing or poorly recorded - however for the new mixes of the individual shows I tried to use the original parts where available - new techniques make restoration and postproduction much more possible.....
Thanks for the info. I didn't know how much sweetening was done -- just posting what I've read over the years concerning the recording.

The latest bit I ran across was from author Joe Banks in "Hawkwind: Days of the Underground" in which he said in a footnote, "There are several vocal overdubs on Space Ritual. The one on 'Upside Down' is particularly significant given the show was played as an instrumental at the Brixton Sundown show."

I'm grateful that most of the crowd sounds were muted for the record, but Banks also writes that a bootleg recording of the Brixton Space Ritual show is worth searching out, "...to hear how ecstatic the audience response is. There's a palpable sense of having experienced something remarkable."

All in all, plenty of delights to anticipate with this new box set.

The price at Amazon US has bounced around a LOT since the pre-release price of US$142. For about 20 minutes on Friday morning, it was US$85!! I reacted too late, but I did get it at $119, before it went back up to $135. Now it's at $122, with the tag "Lowest price in 30 days" :)

I bet every Amazon US pre-order paid $142.

Now my wait begins...back to the Days of the Underground!

WTF is going on with big releases like this on Back Order immediately upon release!!???
I suspect perhaps because it is not such a big release in the scope of the music business, especially for the USA market.
More a niche product for a small but hardcore fanbase.

I have now officially panicked.

In the case of sonic attack, survival means every man for himself...
Statistically more people survive if they think only of themselves...

No confidence in my Amazon.de $49 order being filled, so today ordered from both importcds (back-ordered) and Amazon Global Store UK (2 to 5 week shipping estimate).

Starting the countdown to 10 Seconds of Forever...

In the tenth second of forever
I thought of the sea and a white yacht drifting...

1696099912776.jpeg

I suspect perhaps because it is not such a big release in the scope of the music business, especially for the USA market.
More a niche product for a small but hardcore fanbase.

I have now officially panicked.

In the case of sonic attack, survival means every man for himself...
Statistically more people survive if they think only of themselves...

No confidence in my Amazon.de $49 order being filled, so today ordered from both importcds (back-ordered) and Amazon Global Store UK (2 to 5 week shipping estimate).

Starting the countdown to 10 Seconds of Forever...

In the tenth second of forever
I thought of the sea and a white yacht drifting...

View attachment 96808
http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-P...djusted-as-needed)__23-ATOMCD-spc-111053.aspxLooks like it's in stock and at a reasonable price. I also losing confidence in Amazon de

The price at Amazon US has bounced around a LOT since the pre-release price of US$142. For about 20 minutes on Friday morning, it was US$85!! I reacted too late, but I did get it at $119, before it went back up to $135. Now it's at $122, with the tag "Lowest price in 30 days" :)

I bet every Amazon US pre-order paid $142.

Now my wait begins...back to the Days of the Underground!
I’m on board for $122 but I don’t understand how Amazon US is the only site showing availability. They also indicate it’s a British import with a 2-5 week delivery timeline.

I’m on board for $122 but I don’t understand how Amazon US is the only site showing availability. They also indicate it’s a British import with a 2-5 week delivery timeline.
I can’t even find availability here in the UK, a day after release…. Amazon, Burning Shed, Cherry Red, HMV all out of stock !

Back