Hawkwind: Space Ritual (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the same engineer who remixed that Children's Children's Children's Moody Blues album recently? While that's not the worst mix I've ever heard I like the original better even in damaged condition. In a vacuum, that might have been a great mix. I know there were limitations with the source recordings too. But making a call on all that is supposed to be part of the whole deal it isn't it!

Definitely going to wait and watch for reviews considering.

It's Hawkwind so of course I'm interested! It is a murky album. I mean, it's live 1972. And again, it's Hawkwind... How well was this actually recorded? Are there even reasonable multitracks that one of the master mixers could turn into something better? And all the tapes are on hand? We're not going to get treated to some upmix abomination for part of the album? (Actually I believe there is an upmixed version of this on DVD. Might be a bootleg though.)
No it's not a bootleg ...it's an EMI official release ..I have it.
But the album has always been "murky" !
I understand it was recorded to 16 track.

Received my advance copy today - looks wonderful!! Have enjoyed listening to the full length experience again!! SWTx

IMG_5195 18.03.24.JPG

Received my advance copy today - looks wonderful!! Have enjoyed listening to the full length experience again!! SWTx

View attachment 95527
While I am listening to these discs after so much time since I finished the new mixes I have to say I am shocked at how great the previously unreleased Sunderland show is - it is just so great I was able to fix and restore some of the sonic issues that meant it never was released before.

Yes, a couple of recordings of songs missing, but it still stands as a complete performance.

Truly great how solid the performances of all these three shows were. SWTx

I was really on the fence with this one, but seeing the actual package and the fact that it's that low $100 range ($117 at Import CDs) which I consider my sweet spot (even sweeter if it's less than $100:)), I went ahead and ordered.
I'd order a lot more of these expensive deluxe re-issues if the price was in that ballpark. When they get over $200 it's a hard sell for me. It's not that I can't afford it, I just feel like I am being taken advantage of and usually paying for a lot of extra stuff that I don't want.

I was really on the fence with this one, but seeing the actual package and the fact that it's that low $100 range ($117 at Import CDs) which I consider my sweet spot (even sweeter if it's less than $100:)), I went ahead and ordered.
I'd order a lot more of these expensive deluxe re-issues if the price was in that ballpark. When they get over $200 it's a hard sell for me. It's not that I can't afford it, I just feel like I am being taken advantage of and usually paying for a lot of extra stuff that I don't want.
In this day and age I am certain that this amazing stereo content will be available on all streaming and download platforms, so that is fantastic - and affordable. If you want all the physical extra content and surround versions then it would be well worth investing in the box set and remunerating the creators of this fantastic material.

In this day and age I am certain that this amazing stereo content will be available on all streaming and download platforms, so that is fantastic - and affordable. If you want all the physical extra content and surround versions then it would be well worth investing in the box set and remunerating the creators of this fantastic material.
Thank you for making it affordable by not including a bunch of "non-music clutter" and forcing me to buy vinyl in the package as well. Which basically just raises the cost to that $200+ range and forces consumers to pay for a bunch of crap they do not want or need. This set is perfect. A bunch of optical music discs in a nice book.

BTW, I have to point out, whether the BR was sold as a stand alone for $50 or in a deluxe set for 100+, you'd still get your remuneration. And, as a stand alone you'd probably sell twice as many (if not more).

Thank you for making it affordable by not including a bunch of "non-music clutter" and forcing me to buy vinyl in the package as well. Which basically just raises the cost to that $200+ range and forces consumers to pay for a bunch of crap they do not want or need. This set is perfect. A bunch of optical music discs in a nice book.

BTW, I have to point out, whether the BR was sold as a stand alone for $50 or in a deluxe set for 100+, you'd still get your remuneration. And, as a stand alone you'd probably sell twice as many (if not more).
My remuneration? Be aware that anyone like me does this for just a simple fee. All the profits go to the label and the band, the writers and performers that own the content. as indeed it should.

My remuneration? Be aware that anyone like me does this for just a simple fee. All the profits go to the label and the band, the writers and performers that own the content. as indeed it should.
Thanks for the clarification. It just shows that many of us on the consumer side don’t really know how things work on the production side. We make assumptions that are often totally incorrect.

Just placed an order on Amazon DE. Total came to under $50 shipped to Los Angles. Shipping charge included was under $15.
This is listed for $141 on amazon US I dont know how they can sell 11 disc set including a bluray this low but Im not asking questions.......

Thank you @emili

Just placed an order on Amazon DE. Total came to under $50 shipped to Los Angles. Shipping charge included was under $15.
This is listed for $141 on amazon US I dont know how they can sell 11 disc set including a bluray this low but Im not asking questions.......

Thank you @emili

WOW! Just placed my order there. Under $50 shipped to Arizona. Thanks.

Thank you @emili
Any link??? I’m not at home…

Ordered too. Very hard to pass up. But I still have my importcds order. This price from Amazon.De is so unbelievable that I'm afraid that Amazon will pull some type of chicanery.

Ordered too. Very hard to pass up. But I still have my importcds order. This price from Amazon.De is so unbelievable that I'm afraid that Amazon will pull some type of chicanery.
I also ordered. Not super-worried, as I've done this sort of thing through other foreign Amazon sites.
Got In Search of Hades for $40 shipped from Amazon IT, for example.

Back