Hello all, Andy here aka Maple Mountain Sunburst

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the welcome. Looking forward to exploring the forum and hearing the recommendations and the conversations. Atmos releases in particular.

I’m a musician/composer from Ontario who records under the name Maple Mountain Sunburst.
I’ve just released a new album Ecstatic, mixed in Dolby Atmos by engineer Ron Searles in his Dolby-accredited facility.

Blissed out loop-happy dream fuel.

Mellotron M400, wurlitzer, arp solina, synths, finger style guitar, loops, beats, treatments, and spoken word. It’s widescreen and trippy and very well suited to the immersive surround experience. Hymie the Robot suggested I post here and said “I am listening in 5.1 and it sounds great. This music is made for multichannel”. On another forum someone else kindly wrote “Listening now. This is how Dolby Atmos for headphones should be done.”

Available on Apple and Tidal https://lnk.to/MapleMountainSunburstEcstatic

and in TrueHD Atmos here https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/ecstatic-maple-mountain-sunburst-atmos-mkv-mp4/

Thank you for listening.

Welcome and thank you for your Tidal Atmos link, I shall have a listen tomorrow afternoon. Cheers from BC Canada.

Welcome to QQ J!

It's a lovely album and I love the artwork. Musically, it felt a little like Lemonjelly, which I've always thought was musically rich and colorful..

Congratulations and best of luck with the album!

Welcome to QQ J!

It's a lovely album and I love the artwork. Musically, it felt a little like Lemonjelly, which I've always thought was musically rich and colorful..

Congratulations and best of luck with the album!
Oh I love a bit of Lemon Jelly too!
Hey Andy, I just listened to your album in Atmos on my 🎧 beats while watering my garden and really enjoyed it a lot. All the little snippets of dialogue are great and the musicianship is excellent too. I totally got the Lemon Jelly vibe too as a great comparison. Will definitely listen again! Thanks 😊

Last edited:
Hey thanks all. So glad to hear it connects with folks here.
I recall the Lemon Jelly thing from the first Maple Mountain Sunburst album back in 2010. I heard Lost Horizons and thought… yeah these Englishmen are definitely playing in the same sandbox. That’s a fantastic album. So I appreciate the comparisons. A little more from the dance/club world maybe. My influences go back further to The Beatles (obviously), Eno, Mike Oldfield, Kraftwerk, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Kottke, Cocteau Twins, Talk Talk, etc. More recently Radiohead, Beck, Four Tet. But Eno and The Fab Four are the big ones.

This record had definitely caught my ear when it came online streaming in atmos.

Great music and surround mix, and great to see your post here.

Thank you for making it available in lossless at IAA, smart move.

I listened to Ecstatic yesterday on Amazon Music and was impressed enough to purchase it immediately on IAA.
Great work @andymcneill :cool:
I look forward for more Atmos releases from you!
Thank you. I'm in the process of remixing the first Maple Mountain Sunburst album in Atmos. I'll post again here when that's available.

Back