John Lennon - Mind Games (2024 Box Set coming in July!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd end up putting a covering over it and using it as a little table to put your beer on while playing some new album. And ppl will ask, what's under the cloth, and you'd say...
*A momentary lapse of reason
*The final of my savings
*Don't ask
*All of the above.
They'd pull off the cloth, and you'd say, "Oh! Apologies. My Momentary Lapse of Reason box set is in the other room."

Mine arrived on Wednesday, have so far listened to the 5.1 mix of the album proper, the "Elemental" mixes and a smattering of the rest and have to say it's absolutely stunning. I was surprised to find how much I like the stripped down "Elemental" mixes, it's like an entirely new iteration of the album in its own right...it's so pretty. The whole production, book, presentation etc. is first class...even scanning the discs (and pages in the book) with a UV light is fun. Looking forward to diving into the rest of it, the raw mixes, outtakes etc. and finding the hidden tracks on the Blu-Rays was easy.

Happy, Mind Games arrives today.
This will a big fun ripping extravaganza.
9136BwNKJ8L._SX522_.jpg

Raw Studio Mixes truly remarkable. Never knowingly heard the album before. VERY pleased so far. I feel a "10" coming on.
Having only streamed it once, I have to say that — much like Imagine’s raw mixes — these may be my go-to and how I experience the album going forward. They’re tasteful but not subtle in how they put me “in the room.” That’s my kind of mind game.

It’s a real shame that POB’s deluxe didn’t include surround for the box’s supplemental mixes

Last edited:
Has everybody made sure to purchase their 10-buck UV torches in preparation and now all have them at the ready? 🔦:)
It starts with a UV flashlight. Slippery slope. Gateway drug. Soon it leads to a lava lamp. Sure, it’s innocent enough but then comes the fake wood paneling, the shag rug… before you know it everyone gets an airbrushed van with an 8-track and puts a quad system in their basement.

On the plus-side, you can’t play Blu-rays backwards so the devil can’t bore his way all the way to your soul… just skin deep, where the UV light reveals John Lennon buried Paul in cranberry sauce.

Amazon arrival, minimal packing and no damage.
View attachment 107521
View attachment 107522
Mine has arrived from amazon.co.uk and they pack very differently from amazon.com. The boxset is still in the original UMG double thick corrugated box (with barcoded label, so amazon.com must have removed the boxset from it!) and in a thick cardboard outer amazon 'envelope'.
20240713_130322.jpg

Mine has arrived from amazon.co.uk and they pack very differently from amazon.com. The boxset is still in the original UMG double thick corrugated box (with barcoded label, so amazon.com must have removed the boxset from it!) and in a thick cardboard outer amazon 'envelope'.
View attachment 107530

That's exactly how mine was packaged from importCD, only just the UMG style heavy duty box. Not an additional box within a box. Regardless, I love those UMG boxes, built like a tank.

View attachment 107530
Mine from Amazon was packed with the UMG box. I was surprised to see Marpow's was shipped without it.

Yeah, what's up with the removing of the first box? I bet Amazon contracted and said leave off the first cardboard and save us a couple pennys before you ship a pallet to Amazon?
Weird thing inside the actual music box two corners of the folder where just a tiny bit bent. Maybe the Amazon order where listed as defects from the original seller?
Moving on-I had my little flashlight last night and found better not to do in dark, cuz you just see the opposites, best to do with lights on and you can move back and forth various items, cool.

Ripping: Ugh, first I ripped the 6 CD's. CD 1 no tagging, CD 5 Japanese writing, easy stuff to fix, fun to do as it is my hobby.
Ripping the Blu Rays first to MKV file, it rips as EARTH main file, Blu Ray 1 has 7 separate root files, combination of videos and audios.
If ripping this box set wasn't a Mind Game, I would be upset.
On to ripping Blu Ray 2 now.

Back