Leprous "Melodies of Atonement" 2CD+BD-A w/ 5.1 & Atmos (InsideOut) 8/30/2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Norway's LEPROUS return with a fearless and stunning new album, likely their most mesmerizing and impactful release yet. “Melodies Of Atonement”, the band’s 8th studio album, contains 10 songs / 51 minutes of contemporary rock at its best.

Recorded by David Castillo (Opeth, Katatonia, Soen, etc.) at Ghost Ward in Sweden, the material was mixed by Adam Noble (Placebo, Biffy Clyro, Nothing But Thieves, etc.) and mastered by Robin Schmidt (The 1975, Placebo, The Gaslight Anthem, etc.).

The album is made available as Ltd. Deluxe 2CD+Blu-ray Artbook (With bonus track on the album, instrumental mix on the bonus CD and Dolby Atmos mix, 5.1 Surround mix as well as a HighRes Stereo 24/96 version on the Blu-ray), Ltd. CD Mediabook (With bonus track) & Leprous logo patch, Standard CD Jewelcase, Gatefold 2LP (black & colored variants), Digital album (Also as Dolby Atmos version).

Don’t miss LEPROUS touring around the globe with first stops on European Summer festivals, following by a North American run and much, much more…
Tracklisting:
Disc 3 / Blu-ray (Album Dolby Atmos Mix & 5.1 Surround):
1. Silently Walking Alone (Dolby Atmos) (04:05)
2. Atonement (Dolby Atmos) (04:49)
3. My Specter (Dolby Atmos) (03:55)
4. I Hear The Sirens (Dolby Atmos) (04:31)
5. Like A Sunken Ship (Dolby Atmos) (04:04)
6. Limbo (Dolby Atmos) (05:56)
7. Faceless (Dolby Atmos) (06:25)
8. Starlight (Dolby Atmos) (06:09)
9. Self-Satisfied Lullaby (Dolby Atmos) (06:21)
10. Unfree My Soul (Dolby Atmos) (05:21)

Pre-order:
InsideOut (US) | Just For Kicks (DE) | jpc.de | Burning Shed

Streaming in Atmos (Atonement single, mixed by Christer André Cederberg, very good mix):
https://tidal.com/track/363570163?u
1717139035573.png

Last edited:
Interesting! I love some of their albums - not all of them. Their first two releases are long time favorites, but among their most recent output I've been only impressed by Pitfalls. Hope I'll enjoy the new one, their music has great potential for an engaging surround experience. Modern prog rock/metal that it's actually progressive and doesn't sound derivative, with a GREAT singer.

Incidentally, they are playing in my hometown in a couple of weeks.

Interesting! I love some of their albums - not all of them. Their first two releases are long time favorites, but among their most recent output I've been only impressed by Pitfalls. Hope I'll enjoy the new one, their music has great potential for an engaging surround experience. Modern prog rock/metal that it's actually progressive and doesn't sound derivative, with a GREAT singer.

Incidentally, they are playing in my hometown in a couple of weeks.
They're a fantastic live band. I saw them at the Royal Albert Hall supporting Devin Townsend. Their set was far more enjoyable than Devin's!

Wow Leprous going surround! I wouldn’t have picked this a few years ago but I guess everyone is jumping on the Atmos train. I was a big fan up until around Malina when I started losing a little interest in their sound. I would love to see them revisit The Congregation with a surround mix. And yay for a dedicated Bluray and 5.1 mix!!

I have a couple of their albums, good prog band. I find the vocalist hit/miss (acquired taste, kinda like Geddy Lee). Easy to look past for the overall sum of their parts.

However, $69.95 USD [Amazon USA] is a lot for a surround mix when I consider the new PJ was only $25-30 USD. Granted, there's a smidge more value in the Leprous set but it's definitely more than I could see spending on them. It's doubtful there will be steep discounts unless they overproduce and have to liquidate stock sometime down the road.

It's doubtful there will be steep discounts unless they overproduce and have to liquidate stock sometime down the road.

These "earbook" editions by InsideOut tend to get a lot cheaper if you can wait, at least in Europe. I recently bought some editions of recent Devin Townsend, Yes and Kansas albums (released around 2020/21) with comparable content for less than 25 € each.

These "earbook" editions by InsideOut tend to get a lot cheaper if you can wait, at least in Europe. I recently bought some editions of recent Devin Townsend, Yes and Kansas albums (released around 2020/21) with comparable content for less than 25 € each.
This will be my way into ownership of this release, discount bin or the used market. I'm already backed up on music awaiting my time. lol

Back