Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trees SLEEP CONVENTION [Geffen Records/Rubellan RBCD remaster] An excellent remaster with 2 bonus tracks

R.5bc5dd94b929d205ea1cc2b4e68a76aa

Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters. Robert Calvert
BGO CD edition

Only wearing a little bit of makeup.....

4AAB5C36-9218-428F-AB2D-667D64439889.jpeg

Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind

My first experience with this album was the SDE Bluray which was remixed.
This now is Daniel Lanois’ murky/atmospheric original mix. I like it but think it would benefit from hi-rez, too bad it wasn’t included on the Bluray.
Which is “better”?.Both have their strengths but I’m leaning towards the remix.

Last edited:
I started this morning with Atmos of TesseracT-War Of Being, 3 tunes in, too heavy for me in the morning.
I switched to the brand new Stereo release, Steve Miller Band-J50 The Evolution Of The Joker, 2 disc CD set. Pretty cool as there are 43 tracks live/demos/album and 6 tracks called Steve Miller Commentary where he adds comments about the evolution of The Joker.
DR's are 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's.
71r3oiESnrL._SX355_.jpg

3EF4E68C-79E8-46D3-AA6F-B834CB3078E8.jpeg

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

The XRCD from 2000.
Had heard bits and pieces of this album over the years and knew one of the four studio tracks, but first time beginning to end.
Sound is pretty good, though I think other versions I’ve sampled (dts maybe? Or video) had more impact.

I started this morning with Atmos of TesseracT-War Of Being, 3 tunes in, too heavy for me in the morning.
I switched to the brand new Stereo release, Steve Miller Band-J50 The Evolution Of The Joker, 2 disc CD set. Pretty cool as there are 43 tracks live/demos/album and 6 tracks called Steve Miller Commentary where he adds comments about the evolution of The Joker.
DR's are 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's.
View attachment 96453
I have the JVC XRCD CD version of THE JOKER which I got a 'deal' on from elusive disc [$15 brand new] and it does improve on the original and even remastered Capitol RBCDs ..... if you can find one cheap, buy it. Although NOT perfect ...it's my go to version, Markie!

Last edited:
Moon looks like such a well behaved young man here..............avec pinky ring too. Took wrong turn onto Naughty Avenue at some point
NAUGHTY BEHAVIOR is an understatement when you read of his misadventures via this Wikipedia blurb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Moon#Destructive_behaviour
Have now moved on to THE WHO LIVE AT THE CIVIC AUDITORIUM SAN FRANCISCO December 1971 ....another 2 RBCD LIVE set included with the Lighthouse package. Same sensational sonics.

R.51f484b772a8e4231261e6b681ef5d37

I also strongly recommend JVC CD of The Joker. It is the best mastered 2ch version. Beats 2 ch LP and Capitol CD.

Haven't posted in this thread for over a week. Some spins:

Dafos - Mickey Hart/Airto/Flora Purim
Lifehouse demos/Record Plant & Olympia sessions from Who's Next box
Roxy (movie soundtrack) - Zappa CD/BD
Harry - Nilsson expanded CD DCC SH master IMHO, his best!
Walls - Streisand
Live in Germany 2 CD from Tull Broadsword box
Starcatcher - Greta Van Fleet
Live at the Baked Potato - Brian Auger CD/DVD-v video
Zappa (movie soundtrack)3 CD expanded
Very Best of Doobie Brothers Japan 2 CD
What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears? live in Eastern Europe 1970
DVD of movie dropping in November

Back