Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B00C9EBB-A4FF-4213-BB96-E805C8CD3A46.jpeg

Depeche Mode - Construction Time Again

Felt like hearing Everything Counts, then realized I’d never played the DVDs in these sets before, probably because my old player couldn’t do PAL, so I played the video and the 2 channel bonus tracks which are in 24/48 LPCM.
Now I need to dive back into the bonus tracks on the other sets

AD7CE752-0C08-4D47-BF13-21A12FC40970.jpeg

Bobby Brown - Don’t Be Cruel

The 2 disc Iconoclassic Deluxe Edition that was withdrawn shortly after its release.
Not my type of music, at all, and the production is typical of the era but the rarity of it sucked me in.
The collector in me is happy to have it, and there is nothing wrong with the music, but I doubt I’ll play it again.
(Edit: many of the extended mixes on disc two, which to my ears are more disco, are very good. Some of those I might spin again.)

Last edited:
View attachment 97109
Bobby Brown - Don’t Be Cruel

The 2 disc Iconoclassic Deluxe Edition that was withdrawn shortly after its release.
Not my type of music, at all, and the production is typical of the era but the rarity of it sucked me in.
The collector in me is happy to have it, and there is nothing wrong with the music, but I doubt I’ll play it again.
(Edit: many of the extended mixes on disc two, which to my ears are more disco, are very good. Some of those I might spin again.)
Do you know why it was withdrawn?

Do you know why it was withdrawn?
No, Jeremy from Iconoclassic participates in a thread at SHF and has been tight lipped about this.
Apparently some copies did reach distribution, I got mine from ImportCDs about 3 months ago but that’s all we know.
It’s a shame because a lot of effort (and cost) obviously went into this release.

Live in '75 Largo, MD - Chicago 2 CD
A Scratch in the Sky (2ch mix) - Cryan' Shames expanded CD
Live in San Francisco '71 - Who from Who's Next box
Live at the Baked Potato - Brian Auger CD/DVD
Very Best of Doobie Brothers Japan 2 CD
Other Roads - Boz Scaggs UK CD bonus track

Doldinger Jubilee (Passport) German 3 CD (listing for LP's)

https://www.discogs.com/release/6449110-Doldinger-Jubilee

Just for the Record (clothbound) - Streisand 4 CD

https://www.discogs.com/master/765610-Barbra-Streisand-Just-For-The-Record

45's on CD v1 ('56-'59) - v/a

https://www.discogs.com/master/1053047-Various-45s-On-CD-Volume-1-56-59

A Piano - Tori Amos 5 CD/DVD

https://www.discogs.com/release/5076651-Tori-Amos-A-Piano-The-Collection-

D71CCDF4-8F9A-4708-918D-7409D4533321.jpeg

Strawbs - Halcyon Days : The Very Best Of

The UK version which differs from the US equivalent. Though familiar with the group I bought this never having heard any of their music. Pleasant enough folk/rock, and I’m happy to have it, but there is nothing here that makes me want to explore any further.

B8602657-2624-4714-84C7-BF07C0F80EF3.jpeg

Spoons ~ Repeatable 1980-2020

I love this band, from Ontario. Been listening to them for 40 years. Bought this compilation from the merch table at their concert in New Westmister BC last week.
Happy to support them even though this disc is redundant, I have most if not all of these tracks on other discs.
But oh my, does this sound dreadful. I can’t help but wonder if it was mastered from MP3’s.

Jim Croce THE DEFINITIVE CROCE [BMG Management/3 Stereo RBCDs] An exceptional remastering job by the folks who brought you the excellent LIVE IN MONTREUX series! Have had these albums for years but these remasters are AMAZING! Contents: YOU DON'T MESS AROUND WITH JIM, LIFE AND TIMES and I GOT A NAME. Discs made in Germany

The Definitive Croce | Jim Croce – Download and listen to the album

Last edited:
Jim Croce THE DEFINITIVE CROCE [BMG Management/3 Stereo RBCDs] An exceptional remastering job by the folks who brought you the excellent LIVE IN MONTREUX series! Have had these albums for years but these remasters are AMAZING! Contents: YOU DON'T MESS AROUND WITH JIM, LIFE AND TIMES and I GOT A NAME. Discs made in Germany

The Definitive Croce | Jim Croce – Download and listen to the album

Ralphie - MQA ? Or not ?

Back