Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me a SUCKER for liking the occasional Easy Listening album but this wonderful two~fer from Michael J. Dutton remastered from the original analogue United Artists master tapes which I was able to procure for £1.99 during one of Dutton's extraordinary sales is a breath of fresh air. And the sonics, as to be expected from D~V are likewise exceptional!

Ferrante & Teicher In a Soulful Mood & Killing Me Softly

Ferrante & Teicher​

In a Soulful Mood & Killing Me Softly​

Last edited:
253FBEDA-67A7-4C8B-915A-92D1E6FE4B50.jpeg
Spoons - Echoes

Though marketed as a Spoons album, it’s not.
It’s a compilation of other artists (many of whom I’m not familiar with) covering their songs.
I hate albums like this but bought it anyway at their recent show to support the band.
So now I sit here flabbergasted at how good this is. A testament to their songs.
And it sounds infinitely better than the dreadful comp I bought at the same show.

CAD55022-185F-4DEF-A8CD-858FA1F2ED24.jpeg

The Kinks - A Soap Opera

Think this is only the 2nd time I’ve played this.
Not one for dissecting differences, but decided to compare it going out via HDMI to my Bryston DAC vs the players analog outs which, on this disc, gives me HDCD decoding.
If there is even a slight difference, I don’t hear it. Don’t know what this proves, if anything LOL.
Good album as a collection of songs, don’t care about the theme.

Last edited:
Various Artists SOUL OF THE BEE GEES [Capitol Records/Stereo RBCD] an exceptional Bee Gee's covers album by Al Green, Chaka Khan, Percy Sledge, Richie Havens, Nine Simone, Tavares, Thelma Houston, the Staple Singers, Dionne Warwick, et alia

Soul of the Bee Gees - Various Artists | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

1 How Can You Mend A Broken Heart - Al Green 2 Jive Talkin' - Rufus 3 Nights On Broadway - Candi Station 4 How Deep Is Your Love - Portrait 5 Heartbreaker - Dionne Warwick 6 I've Gotta Get A Message To You - Percy Sledge 7 Give A Hand, Take A Hand - The Staple Singers 8 I Started A Joke - Richie Havens 9 Please Read Me - Nina Simone 10 Love So Right - Jerry Butler, Thelma Houston 11 If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman 12 More Than A Woman - Tavares 13 Emotion - Samantha Sang 14 Toys - Robin Gibb

Last edited:
Back