Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimi live is always a wonderful experience!
Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 9.26.39 AM.png
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Hollywood Bowl | August 18, 1967

The Youngbloods THE YOUNGBLOODS/EARTH MUSIC/ELEPHANT MOUNTAIN [BGO Music/3 albums on 2 RBCDs/digitally remastered from analogue masters/Made in the UK]

THE YOUNGBLOODS
Ralphie, I am liking these CD's that are coming out of BGO music. I talked to them via email and it seems they take a lot of pride in the product they put out, even to the point of getting master tapes when they can.
Good sound quality for sure, and the price, can't be beat.

Comrade, what do you think of this release?
I listened to my CD and thought it was just OK music wise. But highly enjoyed the in-between the songs talking, surprised Noel Redding, I think it was his voice, did a lot of the talking. They where definitely going through the motions as the audience was not receptive YET.
I agree with you about Noel Redding. Also LOVE Jimi's banter, especially when he begins with something like "We don't mind if you laugh as long as you laugh in key"! Clearly an audience who came to hear the Mamas and the Papas were not ready for such a "groovy night" (I think that's what the DJ who introduces the band says). I had it CRANKED, and i was impressed with the band and especially Jimi's prowess. This would have been a couple of months after Monterey Pop. I may need to revisit that one. Maybe you should get in a "groovy night" kind of mood and give it another spin! Or maybe it's just that i can't get enough Hendrix! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Does this being a UK release prevent Dutton-Vocalion from having access to the Quad Masters of the debut album?
I assume your question is about BGO Records. I would not know the definitive answer to your question, but I don't think it would matter. Record release company's, MOFI, Japan, SDE, DV, AS, AF, etc, etc many times selling the same release in different formats, Blu Rays, SACD's, CD's etc.
It seems like BGO Records has there own little niche that they are doing well at.
Here is link for your reading pleasure.
https://www.bgo-records.com/

Quad mix of Youngbloods 1st is poor. Not worth the bother.
It is a FANTASTIC album, and not to be missed! Bought an Edsel CD rerelease.
Everybody knows Get Together. Here's a killer deep track. Nice photo montage, though the b/w photo is the BYRDS!!:

spins:
My Son the Nut - Allan Sherman from 10 CD Rhino Handmade My Son the Box
Substance - New Order 4 CD (again)
Finger Painting - Earl Klugh MoFi Gold CD
Beatles Red & Blue 2 x 2CD expanded (again)
Dream On - George Duke Japan CD y'all must quit the sit!
Money & Cigarettes - Clapton German bull's-eye CD

Capitol Collectors Series - Grand Funk
heard many of these performed on Saturday by Mark Farner's American Band.

Ralphie, I am liking these CD's that are coming out of BGO music. I talked to them via email and it seems they take a lot of pride in the product they put out, even to the point of getting master tapes when they can.
Good sound quality for sure, and the price, can't be beat.
I concur with you Mark. BGO does a fantastic job with their releases'. I have many and not a single one is a dud. And another re-issuer that I love along the same vein is Wounded Bird Records
https://www.woundedbird.com/

Back