Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Renbourn THE LADY AND THE UNICORN [Transatlantic/Stereo RBCD Another classic!

The Lady and the Unicorn - John Renbourn | CD, Vinyl | Recordsale

john renbourn scarborough fair

57F26BFB-DDC9-4EAE-8FCA-6952E2112D13.jpeg

Be-Bop Deluxe ~ Drastic Plastic

My first BBD album and still like it though it hasn’t aged as well as their earlier records. Some great bonus tracks on this 4CD/2DVD box set, especially the tracks for an EP that never happened.
The sound isn’t bad, but not that impressive either.

4D597634-8CDE-48CB-8CA4-D3F588242942.jpeg

George Harrison -
The Dark Horse Years 1976~1992

With Fall’s dark nights and bad weather comes the time to explore box sets. Bought this one 11 years ago, finally getting to it now LOL.

99C187F0-0F27-409D-9633-62DD2CC4F9E8.jpeg
Thirty Three & 1/3

Off to a good start with this one.

0FDB08E1-8E85-47D6-B312-627BCC32BD64.jpeg
George Harrison

And again with his self titled album.

I didn’t pay much attention to George during this period of his career. My mistake

Last edited:
Jimi Hendrix-Hollywood Bowl/August 18, 1967.
Great liner notes.
Sound, I am listening to the hard disc through my Luxman>pre amp>amp, best I can do.
The CD comes from what is called a "two track soundboard" not taken from tape.
Pretty good and clear, a little scratchy, better than boot leg.
The talking of Jimi between tracks is very cool, as he is talking to a Mama's and Papa's audience, and he knows they just don't get it, yet.
Very cool historical recording, really get to hear Jimi's emotions. Not sure I have ever heard this side of Jimi? Almost depressed. Likely he was depressed at this gig. A must for the Hendrix fan.
71itjbJ8+vL._SL1500_.jpg

Jimi Hendrix-Hollywood Bowl/August 18, 1967.
Great liner notes.
Sound, I am listening to the hard disc through my Luxman>pre amp>amp, best I can do.
The CD comes from what is called a "two track soundboard" not taken from tape.
Pretty good and clear, a little scratchy, better than boot leg.
The talking of Jimi between tracks is very cool, as he is talking to a Mama's and Papa's audience, and he knows they just don't get it, yet.
Very cool historical recording, really get to hear Jimi's emotions. Not sure I have ever heard this side of Jimi? Almost depressed. Likely he was depressed at this gig. A must for the Hendrix fan.
View attachment 98142
Yes its a Sony Release
At least the say on the back of the CD, it is bad sound quality and is a Historical recording.

Good write up in it.

I hope the next Sony Hendrix Release
is from outtakes like the studio version of Machine Gun in 1969 .

Back