Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25FFA85E-0759-4B92-8B48-1EF6FD5F671F.jpeg

Taj Mahal - Happy Just To Be Like I Am

Awkward title, and a bit uneven compared to previous records. Still good, just maybe not great.
Love the percussion on Eighteen Hammers, floats in front of the right speaker.

Gerry Mulligan/Chet Baker THE CARNEGIE HALL CONCERT [SONY MasterSOUND 24k GOLD CD] A magnificent one night event recorded in the warm acoustics of Carnegie Hall. Surprised [even shocked] that SONY didn't see fit to release it on hybrid Stereo SACD. Played in Super DSP mode on my new system, the sound is holographic. With Harvey Mason on drums, John Scofield guitar and Bob James electric piano! Produced by Creed Taylor. Highest Recommendation!

https://www.discogs.com/release/1615666-Gerry-Mulligan-Chet-Baker-Carnegie-Hall-Concert

Gerry Mulligan / Chet Baker - Carnegie Hall Concert (1995, Gold Disc ...
Secondary, 2 of 9

Last edited:
Warren Haynes Presents: THE BENEFIT CONCERT Volume 20 [Evil Teen Records/3 RBCDs/2 BD~Vs] I mean, for 23 bucks an outstanding value and the RBCDs sound absolutely spectacular. Never heard of Warren Haynes so took a chance and IMO a very awesome way to start off 2024 with stellar performances from Dave Grohl, Grace Potter, Joe Bonamassa, Gov't Mule, Marco Benevento and many others! Comes in a sturdy clamshell box with an informative glossy booklet. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION

71fkVO8JKXL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished my 3fer BGO Records, Doc Holliday/Doc Holliday Rides Again Disc 1 and Modern Medicine Disc 2.
I always think of myself as a Southern Rocker, but admit Doc Holliday slipped by me, not sure why.
Disc 1, great southern rock, think .38 Special and Allman Brothers mix, Disc 2 they changed there vibe, added synth sounds and not as good.
DR's between the two discs 9"s, 10's, 11's, 12's.
R-29119222-1701799006-7565.jpg

If you're sick of all the overplayed songs from "Atom Heart Mother" and "Electric Moo" they play on those dreadful Classic Rawk radio stations, put this on. It's weird, refreshing, and has some real gems hidden on it.

Have never seen the film.

View attachment 99919
Same, right on!
jk28NCy.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back