Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1398.jpeg

U2 - ZOO TV Live In Dublin 1993 EP

Sounds fine for a live recording, wish the one U2 concert I’ve attended sounded like this.

cool. mine arrives tomorrow from CDJapan - along with VanHalen MQA CDs
You are going to absolutely love the MQA Van Halens. You can hear that pick on strings from Eddie, Hagars voice is perfect.
I guess it helps if you really like the music. It cranks loud so perfectly. I am not saying the reason is MQA, but good is good.
Maybe I'll get the U2 from HDTracks?

Music. Not only brings us joy but also acts as a time machine.
A lot of monumental albums out there. This is one I dare say.
Yup - it has been played to death everywhere but it still feels good to grab the disc and reminisce and enjoy

I didnt yet have my drivers license and we were all poor - and our parents were too perhaps, But somehow Johnny P - the poorest - had a 67 piece of shit Chevy. And it had a Realistic cassette player in it. Us guys jammed to this, courted the young ladies and considered ourselves BMOC.

A classic album with classic memories
bostonst.jpg

Last edited:
Born In The USA-1984 Bruce.
My big 7" X 7".
The 3 discs live are super good. I am not as enthusiastic about this BLU SPEC CD2 version, sounds pretty good, just a bit tinny and bright.
Compared to the Van Hagar MQA discs which are out of this world good.

Born In The USA (40th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-spec CD2] [Limited Release] [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)]​

SICP-31728.jpg

My big 7" X 7".
The 3 discs live are super good. I am not as enthusiastic about this BLU SPEC CD2 version, sounds pretty good, just a bit tinny and bright.

Born In The USA (40th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-spec CD2] [Limited Release] [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)]​

View attachment 109676
When OH when, Markie. are SONY and BRUCE gonna get off their ASSES and give us his entire catalogue in DOLBY ATMOS???????? BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE!!!!!!!!!

Yup - it has been played to death everywhere but it still feels good to grab the disc and reminisce and enjoy

I didnt yet have my drivers license and we were all poor - and our parents were too perhaps, But somehow Johnny P - the poorest - had a 67 piece of shit Chevy. And it had a Realistic cassette player in it. Us guys jammed to this, courted the young ladies and considered ourselves BMOC.

View attachment 109675
edited to cassette player. not cd player. 1975 ? no cd player then

My big 7" X 7".

View attachment 109676
Markie, I find that a lot of those SONY blu~spec CDs are lacking ..... tinny is an apt description and why they didn’t at the very least release them on hybrid SACD is a mystery especially considering their 7” packaging HOOPLA!

My big 7" X 7".

View attachment 109676
Markie, I find that a lot of those SONY blue s

Well, Ricko, you've come a LONG LONG WAY ..... from the Cradle to the BARN! 🛖

Back