Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving my next listen. Willie Nelson-I Don't Know A Thing About Love.
Three songs available.
Now this mix, unlike the new The Church has very active center, so I backed down my right and left fronts.
The Atmos mix super duper good. In fact because there is a less wall of sound the discrete elements come through excellent.

Listening now to George Harrison-Gone Troppo.
Good for George, obviously a fun vacation album. George can be dark at times, but this is fun and Atmos is as good as the other Harrison's I have listened to.
EDIT: Cool, last track, Mystical One (Demo) starts off with George and Olivia talking, he calls her Liv.

Last edited:
Listening now to Pearl Jam-Yield.
Another weak center channel, that's OK back to turning up front levels.
Umm, not really that good.
I remember buying this CD when released and only seemed to like Wishlist, great song.
Atmos mix, weak.
Wasted opportunity, the song Red Bar with the drums starting could have been so cool if done correctly, or maybe I should say differently as I am not a mixing person.
The song Push Me, Pull Me probably the better of all as far as the Atmos assault goes.
Final Song, All Those Yesterdays (Including Hidden Track "Hummus") goes silent at 4:00 minutes, shows playing, but silent, then audio comes back in at 5:00 minutes, Atmos signal but nothing in the heights, just the floor.

This album in Dolby Atmos streamed is a good reason to not want to buy everything released streaming in a physical format. If they had a physical release for Pearl Jam, I would jump on the bandwagon very fast, and with Yield I would be so disappointed.

Last edited:
Listening now to Pearl Jam-No Code.
When this was released, it was the time I stopped buying Pearl Jam discs. I tried and tried, but just liked Ten, Vs. and Vitalogy even though I own about 6 Pearl Jam's.
This Atmos mix WAY better than Yield.
I hate to say it, but I kind of agree, nothing can top those first 3. I hope they keep going and complete that trilogy in surround, 'Ten' sounds great. The other albums in surround right now are still nice to have, but don't get nearly as much listening from me.

Lots o’ Chic just released. Haven’t listened yet
Listening to Chic, C'est Chic...I like Chic, and I like getting a little Funky...so maybe a little biased, but so far, 4.1 ear candy...nicely done. Apologies...not running Atmos, but 4.1 is extra FUNKY! Did you hear that @Clement?

Curious what the Atmos rigs out there think about C'est Chic??

Edit:

Just saw the the specific thread for this release.....looks like we all agree....ear candy for all!

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-dolby-atmos-steven-wilson-mixes.33860/page-3

Last edited:
This is fantastic @JanBakker news Ayreon in Dolby Atmos. Universal Migrator. Parts I & II.
Here in the USA we also have two tracks available.
The Shooting Company Of Captain Frans B. Cocq.
Into The Black Hole

There are two Universal Migrator available (Special Edition) don't pick that.
Choose the (2022 Remixed And Remastered)

I have the 5.1, hard disc set, but this music produced so well, even has an open stereo sound.

Back