Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I’m not a metal head, I gotta say, I like the strategy of just dumping darn near the entire discography in Atmos. Between that, Talking Heads, and George Harrison, here’s hoping it becomes a trend
I'm only able to add Meliora and the newest one to my library. The others say "side not found". :confused:

https://tidal.com/album/276030636
Immersive mix engineer: Kevin Reeves

Atmos mixes of the 3 big hits from this album also appear on the Number Ones competition, but those mixes are credited to Brad Wood. If you’re a Supremes fan, that’s great news. In fact, 3 separate Atmos mixes exist for Baby Love and Where Did Our Love Go.

There are other hit songs that have different Atmos mixes on the proper album compared to the Number Ones compilation.

Last edited:
This is a great album in stereo - one of their best. Ronald Prent, who recorded and mixed it, is a genius. I ordered the anniversary disc set from their web site, did not know it was coming to Apple Music in Atmos - will check it out (loudly) in Surround as soon as Apple releases the anniversary Atmos version in the US - which I hope is soon. Alles gute!

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/ronald-prent-mn0001017137
https://www.mixmusicproduction.com/2022/speaker/508904/ronald-prent
https://www.rammsteinworld.com/en/news-1357-sehnsucht-anniversary-edition

Last edited:
I’m listening to the opener “Give Life Back to Music” on Amazon Music (it’s in 360 Reality Audio) and really digging the modest spatial separation on Nile Rodgers guitar and the drums and finding the vocoder vocals are more spread out across the spatial spectrum.

“The Game of Love” (which is always sounded like a late 70s Herbie Hancock track to me) is also cool – this feels less obviously spatial to me, with big and instead sounds really liquid and open.

“Giorgio By Moroder” sounds tame until Moroder announces himself and the big synth sequence spreads out in the rears.

“Motherboard” has always been one of my faves, the Omar Hakim drums sound amazing in this mix.

Todd Edwards’ synths during the chorus of “Fragments of Time” bounce all over the spatial audio spectrum – Greg Leisz’s steel guitar really pops here.

Some tracks are wild. Others are really just spacious and open. The way it feels thes types of mixes should be.

Last edited:
I’m listening to the opener “Give Life Back to Music” on Amazon Music (it’s in 360 Reality Audio) and really digging the modest spatial separation on Nile Rodgers guitar and the drums and finding the vocoder vocals are more spread out across the spatial spectrum.

“The Game of Love” (which is always sounded like a late 70s Herbie Hancock track to me) is also cool – this feels less obviously spatial to me, with big and instead sounds really liquid and open.

“Giorgio By Moroder” sounds tame until Moroder announces himself and the big synth sequence spreads out in the rears.

“Motherboard” has always been one of my faves, the Omar Hakim drums sound amazing in this mix.

Todd Edwards’ synths during the chorus of “Fragments of Time” bounce all over the spatial audio spectrum – Greg Leisz’s steel guitar really pops here.

Some tracks are wild. Others are really just spacious and open. The way it feels thes types of mixes should be.
i've been both picking apart the mix overnight and enjoying the Atmos as a whole (in 7.1.4) and i don't think anyone here will be disappointed, far from it, for me it's some of if not the best use of Atmos for Music i've yet to hear, including and especially the Height object aspect with unique elements panning and zooming around up there, the effect is spectacular!! 🥳🤩🎉🤯💝

this mix has to be released on a Blu-ray disc, it cannot be stuck on the streaming platforms 🤞😅

i've been both picking apart the mix overnight and enjoying the Atmos as a whole (in 7.1.4) and i don't think anyone here will be disappointed, far from it, for me it's some of if not the best use of Atmos for Music i've yet to hear, including and especially the Height object aspect with unique elements panning and zooming around up there, the effect is spectacular!! 🥳🤩🎉🤯💝

this mix has to be released on a Blu-ray disc, it cannot be stuck on the streaming platforms 🤞😅
Two songs in and I can totally subscribe to this. Did Apple change to lossless streaming overnight or what?!
Don't need a car to take me to a discotheque now :) 💝🤖:LB🔊

Two songs in and I can totally subscribe to this. Did Apple change to lossless streaming overnight or what?!
Don't need a car to take me to a discotheque now :) 💝🤖:LB🔊
yeah, right!? 🤔🤯 none of that garbled mp3-like nonsense in the Height channels on this one!! 🥰😍🥳💝

ps. i don't wanna ruin it but the mix just gets better and better as you delve into it all, i had tears in my eyes by the final track, the use of the entire Surround soundfield is extraordinary, the finalé's nigh-on a religious experience, the Atmos is so terrific!!

VEE ARE ZEE ROBOTZ!! 🤖
VEE ARE ZEE FUTUR!! 🔮
PS. VEE ZINK VEE MAY HAV LIFT UFF..!!! ZWEI, EIN.. BOOM BANG A BONK!! it's Eurovision time!! 🚀

Very confused. I’m only getting hi res lossless on Apple music and not atmos for RAM. I'm in the UK. Anyone else only seeing high res lossless and not atmos?

Back