Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firing on all cylinders (and all channels) on the Apple computermabob Frankenrig (7.1.4) 🥳🎉🎁

View attachment 91443

View attachment 91444

i hope those of you who haven't heard the Atmos/360 yet get to hear it soon 🤞 a brilliant album i've long enjoyed enhanced by the most stunning Surround reimagining possible 🤩💘
It really does take an already great album to the next level. Actual swirling noises isolated in the top channels. Dynamics galore.

JoakimMetropolis "The Lost Soundtrack"
Album out 6/2, download via Bandcamp
I'm curious about this one @haikubass; I didn't know bandcamp artists were distributing Atmos files for download, are there more like this (Atmos DLs) available on bandcamp?

Do you know what form the Atmos files will be in: i.e. MKV etc.?

And if you read the bandcamp notes there are some interesting details on the kaput BD release (of course it was :rolleyes:)

Dolby Atmos mix will come in a separate zip file with the purchase of the digital and / or vinyl album.
releases June 2, 2023

I'm curious about this one @haikubass; I didn't know bandcamp artists were distributing Atmos files for download, are there more like this (Atmos DLs) available on bandcamp?

And if you read the bandcamp notes there are some interesting details on the kaput BD release (of course it was :rolleyes:)

Dolby Atmos mix will come in a separate zip file with the purchase of the digital and / or vinyl album.
releases June 2, 2023
If it works like other order bonuses I’ve gotten from bandcamp before, the artist gets your email on order and will email you the files afterwards. AFAIK, unless you include the files in all downloads (like a bonus PDF) there’s no way to bundle extra files like that, and most do this to avoid ballooning download sizes

If it works like other order bonuses I’ve gotten from bandcamp before, the artist gets your email on order and will email you the files afterwards. AFAIK, unless you include the files in all downloads (like a bonus PDF) there’s no way to bundle extra files like that, and most do this to avoid ballooning download sizes
thanks, pretty much aware of all that, I've done that many times; but usually IIRC not Atmos files only 5.1.

thanks, pretty much aware of all that, I've done that many times; but usually IIRC not Atmos files only 5.1.
If only there was another download site that specializes in handling these kinds of files :LOL:

it might seem crazy what i'm 'bout to say..

yeahbutnobutyeahbutnobutyeahbutnobutno...!!!

sadly, so far, its a no-no-no-no from moi.. and that makes me far from Happy!! 😭😅
My computer says no as well...
About a dozen times no.

But! I did not no about the Oktoberfest Mix, therefore still happy in this part of Immersiville;)

Last edited:

releases June 2, 2023
Sorry, but I got no further info on this.

IIRC I haven't seen any other Atmos downloads via Bandcamp.

Interestingly, I thought I found out about it by scanning the tags there (e.g. Atmos Music & Artists | Bandcamp), but apparently I must have gotten a hint elsewhere...

Hello everyone. A query that I have not been able to find in this section:
Is it confirmed that the only way to play Atmos tracks from TIDAL HiFi Plus on a Denon x6400 AVR with Atmos is by connecting a 4k fire stick or apple tv with the app installed directly to the amplifier?

As you know it is impossible directly from the LG app, through HEOS, even from the Tidal app installed on a Dune 4k Pro vision connected by hdmi to the receiver.

Has anyone had success otherwise?

Last edited:
Back