Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Croce!!! 😲 I was not expecting this!!

The animated artwork on these (at least You Got a Name and Life and Times) is REALLY creepy. Head slightly rocking with eyes blinking periodically, In tvOS 17 the animation runs while the song is playing and I'm finding it hard to look at the TV!

I was relieved to see his eyes don't blink on Photographs & Memories, but good lord his lips close eerily instead. This is nauseating.

Last edited:
Sports on Apple Music:

You like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.
tumblr_lyd3s0A1Cz1r9652ro1_400.gif

You like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.
I fall into that category. I have no clue what the lyrics are...but the song was always catchy and upbeat.

I don't get the comparison to Elvis.

Back