Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t know this was going to be in atmos. The new mix is confusing after listening to the original for around 40 years. Feels almost unplugged.

I didn’t know this was going to be in atmos. The new mix is confusing after listening to the original for around 40 years. Feels almost unplugged.

Through it all the way now. Love it. Not better, but different for sure. This short documentary from the producer makes sense out of it. No mention of the atmos, however.

Any Replacements fans who wish they could hear a little more details in their dense punky recordings?

Here you go, Tim in glorious ATMOS!

Lindsay Zoladz gives it a run-through, with commentary (hopefully non-subscribers can access this?):
https://messaging-custom-newsletter...wsletter/8138b6b7-96f7-5ef1-968b-a2829a1a89e6

A bunch of Coltrane albums have shown up--in addition to Live at Birdland, which @scoob turned up, night before last. Maybe in time for his birthday, September 23d? (He'd be 97.) Or the issuing of a "deluxe," expanded version of Both Directions At Once?

Anyway: the Atmos mixes don't amount to much, but the music, as always, Must! Be! Heard!

Last edited:
This finally showed up in Atmos! It’s my favorite Mraz album.

So I finally listed to this on my system today and I’m super disappointed. There are discrete things happening in the rear channels but they are about -10 dB lower than they should be. It’s very much like when the first Atmos mix of “Dream of the Blue Turtles” came out. Ugh…

That be the Apple TV, have to excuse me today...My daughter is expecting her second son...believe she's in the delivery suite, already...sooo exciting :love::SB

Update...the birth was successful :love: :SG
Congratulations!! I'm in the Apple TV beta program and have upgraded whenever I get a notice. Maybe it's only me, but to me Atmos from AM lately are sounding better, especially in the bass department with more and deeper bass. I haven't changed anything else in my setup.

Congratulations!! I'm in the Apple TV beta program and have upgraded whenever I get a notice. Maybe it's only me, but to me Atmos from AM lately are sounding better, especially in the bass department with more and deeper bass. I haven't changed anything else in my setup.
Yep I just updated to 17, I think it sounds better as well, more fuller sound

Whoa! Can't believe I didn't know about this till now. Ritmo: The Chick Corea Symphony Tribute. Emilio Solla, who did the arrangements & orchestrations, is a New York-based Argentine pianist-composer-bandleader who's had several Latin Grammy wins and nominations over the course of his career (including a couple of new nods just this past week). He and his usual rhythm section--bassist Jorge Roeder and drummer Ferenc Nemeth--are joined by Paquito D'Rivera and a couple of other jazz players and, well, a symphony orchestra. The Atmos mix is nothing to write home about--standard "big-ambience" live symphonic fare--but it's still a pretty powerful experience altogether. I think the CD version came out in Europe last spring, but the US release date seems to be next Friday, September 29th.

Seeing and hearing from the principals makes the whole thing more compelling, I think. Two-minute taser:

Five-minute promo:

Full-length (18-minute) promo film:

Last edited:
Back