Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
err.. caution! 😅😉 on certain tracks it feels like vocals are getting panned around and about all the speakers!! 😵 i think it's gonna get some complaints for being too crazy a mix tbh but i'm loving it so far!! 😍
Thats is probably how they would have mixed it in Atmos if they'd had it back then, kind of freaky & psychedelic!

Love the album, but was hoping for more than just ambience in the rear channels. I'm hopeful they start releasing some of his fusion albums in atmos. Bitches Brew through Get Up With It.
That is disappointing.

Love the album, but was hoping for more than just ambience in the rear channels. I'm hopeful they start releasing some of his fusion albums in atmos. Bitches Brew through Get Up With It.
My fav, In A Silent Way has a real (and real good!) 5.1. Been hoping for an Atmos-ified upgrade of that…

I listened to a few minutes here and there earlier today and was kind of disappointed. I’ll give it a fuller listen, though.

If I could just get He Loved Him Madly with an intentional, well-done Atmos mix, it would make my year... whatever year they happen to do it.

I listened to a few minutes here and there earlier today and was kind of disappointed. I’ll give it a fuller listen, though.

If I could just get He Loved Him Madly with an intentional, well-done Atmos mix, it would make my year... whatever year they happen to do it.
Miles in the Sky Atmos mix sounds good, and it is nice to have Miles trumpet in the center channel for a little more separation. Being that this is his first album to have electric instruments, I figured they could at least put the keyboards in the rears. I have the In the Silent Way and Bitches Brew SACDs and agree that the mixes are killer. Anyone know how many tracks they had to work with when creating the Atmos mix (was this album recorded 4 or 8 tracks)

Last edited:
Miles in the Sky Atmos mix sounds good, and it is nice to have Miles trumpet in the center channel for a little more separation. Being that this is his first album to have electric instruments, I figured they could at least put the keyboards in the rears. I have the In the Silent Way and Bitches Brew SACDs and agree that the mixes are killer.
The bar is set high on those two!

This is a very good mix!:) Anyone know who mixed this?
It does have the mixing person in the Tidal credits, but I am not sure he did the immersive mix, because if you get a list of his credits, none are in Atmos or 360 in Tidal.
William "Rock Pygmy" Wittman?

Back