Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know

1570407393632.png
Blood, Sweat & Tears Child Is Father To The Man

a Sooper Kooper 5.1 mix!

I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know

View attachment 43472 Blood, Sweat & Tears Child Is Father To The Man

a Sooper Kooper 5.1 mix!

A simply astounding surround experience on my system, Clement. Al Kooper's 5.1 remix knocks it out of the ball park. Wish he did MORE 5.1 surround remixes for other artists. This is as good as any surround disc I have in my collection!

Last edited:
A simply astounding surround experience on my system, Clement. Al Kooper's 5.1 remix knocks it out of the ball park. Wish he did MORE 5.1 surround remixes for other artists. This is as good as any surround disc I have in my collection!
I second that emotion! One of my favorite sonic baths in which to soak! Kooper's choices really resonate with the spirit of the release and its place in history. It's probably my favorite Audio Fidelity surround release. Actually, that's what I'm doing now: spinning my Audio Fidelity Top picks. Another Killer Kooper mix:

1570452008900.png
Mike Bloomfield / Al Kooper / Stephen Stills Super Session

Last edited:
Last night, the 5.1 DVD from last year's Fleetwood Mac box. If this ever received an Atmos release ... then it could be Over My Head. :p:love: I wish they'd stretched to including 5.1 mixes of the four singles on the DVD, too, but just having the LP in surround is as much as I ever dared hope for, since stumbling onto that Acura reference DVD-A with Caillat's 5.1 mix of Monday Morning years ago. Hearing this brought a big grin to my face. 😁

1570565464084.png

Next up in my trek through my favorite Audio Fidelity releases

1570671067851.png
Billy Joel Streetlife Serenade

I resisted this release for a long time. I thought of it as a lightweight Billy Joel release (BJ himself might even be considered a lightweight, and who wants a lightweight's lightweight release?!), and I felt my Japanese releases of The Stranger and 52nd Street were enough to satisfy any Joel hankerings I might have. But QQ came through again, and a thorough perusal of this release's Poll peaked my interest. I waited patiently until a deal showed up and finally bought it. And I am glad I did! If some of the songs are lightweight (and the more I listen to it, the more the album presents as a cohesive whole), the surround mix transcends and makes this an enjoyable and engaging release. Peace!

Last edited:
Good morning!
Starting off today with Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Great memories with this one... My family had been stationed in the Philippines for a two years. We left in the summer of ‘77 and spent a week in Honolulu for a vacation. The radio stations were playing all of this great new music that we’d hadn’t heard while away! I already knew the white Fleetwood Mac album from before we left and now, back in the States again, Rumors was on the air! Fantastic!!!
It’s great to hear this album in DVD-Audio but I sure wish they had kept the original track list and not added parts to songs that weren’t in the original mix....

Back