Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But his three DVD 5.1 DTS collection [The McCartney Years] would sure sound excellent as a Blu Ray Video release with a DTS HD MA 5.1 upgrade!

Yes I have those..not a bad sound but deff room for improvement.

Now watching, listening to a film/doc about Lynyrd Skynryd on Sky TV

WBB H
bbbbv!
O
BBBBBA
so THIS is how it's supposed to sound

1573947025806.png
The Allman Brothers Band Live At Fillmore East

I may need to listen to this twice tonight--a revelation!

Last edited:
WBB H
bbbbv!
O
BBBBBA

View attachment 44055The Allman Brothers Band Live At Fillmore East

I have everything Fillmore East and this DTS is the definitive release. However the second best or sometimes the first depending on the mood the MOFI stereo hybrid SACD is also spectacular. The Blu Ray sounds great of course but is not in the order of the original. The original includes tracks from those concerts and remixed together by Tom Dowd. Unfortunately as good as the Blu Ray is you can't get what this DTS offers.

WBB H
bbbbv!
O
BBBBBA

View attachment 44055The Allman Brothers Band Live At Fillmore East

TOLD YA SO, CLEMENT :p!!!!! This definitely should've been included in that 3 disc BD~A set HANDS DOWN. I feel gipped.....and somewhat verklempt!

See the source image

I have two surround discs to listen to. They have been sitting around 2 weeks, Marillion and XTC.
Going to get focused now and rip, the CD's from The Band, and the above discs, also Bob Dylan's Travelin Thru (Disc 2 with Johnny Cash is super duper good).
Then I need to rip the Blu Rays. And after that I need to back up about 50 files (I have been lazy the last couple months) to my spare hard drive.
Got to stay focused and get caught up.

I have two surround discs to listen to. They have been sitting around 2 weeks, Marillion and XTC.
Going to get focused now and rip, the CD's from The Band, and the above discs, also Bob Dylan's Travelin Thru (Disc 2 with Johnny Cash is super duper good).
Then I need to rip the Blu Rays. And after that I need to back up about 50 files (I have been lazy the last couple months) to my spare hard drive.
Got to stay focused and get caught up.

Time to take a break, Markie and git down to business

See the source image

If you don't have it--score it . . . NOW! @4-earredwonder spoke the triple truth, Ruth! Finished my second listen and I'm jonesing for some more Duane, so

View attachment 44056
Derek and the Dominoes Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs 40th Anniversary Edition

Let it Scheiner!

Why don't you just EAT A PEACH instead

See the source image

Jazz on a Sunday morning

1573981501561.png
Joe Henderson Lush Life--The Music of Billy Strayhorn

Sublime content, sonics, and Rudy Van Gelder on the mix! Beautiful
Here's Rudy on surround sound from a 2004 interview:
"It's a natural way to hear jazz music. I'm talking about five-piece bands, maybe six-piece, even quartets. Actually I just finished a re-issue of Joe Henderson called Lush Life which is the first one I did that opened up this new world for me."

Jazz on a Sunday morning

View attachment 44058 Joe Henderson Lush Life--The Music of Billy Strayhorn

Sublime content, sonics, and Rudy Van Gelder on the mix! Beautiful
Here's Rudy on surround sound from a 2004 interview:
"It's a natural way to hear jazz music. I'm talking about five-piece bands, maybe six-piece, even quartets. Actually I just finished a re-issue of Joe Henderson called Lush Life which is the first one I did that opened up this new world for me."

haven't spun it in many years but i don't remember the surround on this being upto much.. i'll revisit it this afternoon with a nice relaxing gallon, ahem, glass of port 🍷

haven't spun it in many years but i don't remember the surround on this being upto much.. i'll revisit it this afternoon with a nice relaxing gallon, ahem, glass of port 🍷
Well, while you are bringing your galleon into port, you might follow up with this

1573993933928.png
Buster Williams Griot Liberte

Another Van Gelder winner. Deliciously discrete with pronounced low ends. Even the piccolo bass solo "Concerto de Aranjuez" puts you in the belly of Buster's beast--a resonating aural feast!

Back