Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't spun it in many years but i don't remember the surround on this being upto much.. i'll revisit it this afternoon with a nice relaxing gallon, ahem, glass of port 🍷
You’re right on target 🎯 with theses delectable beauties zFreddie, just be careful where she lands 😬

Number 1 to some Mutts 😷😲
MUTTS ARE THE BEST... PROUD TO BE A MUTT!!!! (Mom was Puertorrican from Spanish, Basque, Lebanese, Syrian, Jewish mutts... and Dad is Mexican from Spanish, Catalonian, Italian mutts..etc.)
iu

Jazz on a Sunday morning

View attachment 44058 Joe Henderson Lush Life--The Music of Billy Strayhorn

Sublime content, sonics, and Rudy Van Gelder on the mix! Beautiful
Here's Rudy on surround sound from a 2004 interview:
"It's a natural way to hear jazz music. I'm talking about five-piece bands, maybe six-piece, even quartets. Actually I just finished a re-issue of Joe Henderson called Lush Life which is the first one I did that opened up this new world for me."

thank you for resurrecting this one! 😻
i have no idea why i was underwhelmed before!? 🤯
not only is the album brilliant and musicianship dazzling, the surround mix is excellent 🎷🎺🥁🤩
i wonder if there'd be enough interest for a Poll? 🧐 i'd vote.. high.. :smokin

Well, while you are bringing your galleon into port, you might follow up with this

View attachment 44059 Buster Williams Griot Liberte

Another Van Gelder winner. Deliciously discrete with pronounced low ends. Even the piccolo bass solo "Concerto de Aranjuez" puts you in the belly of Buster's beast--a resonating aural feast!

ahh.. another one i sorta just went "meh" 🤷‍♀️
over the surround years ago.. time for a right royal reappraisal! ⚖️

Buster Williams' Griot Liberté

sounds even better than the Joe Henderson, so vivid its like the whole lot of 'em are in my little room.. except i couldn't fit more than Buster and his bass in here! bravo for the nudge Clem, you're a highly polished gem! 💎
ahh.. time to crack open another Sunday afternoon corker methunks.. 🍸😘

Buster Williams' Griot Liberté

sounds even better than the Joe Henderson, so vivid its like the whole lot of 'em are in my little room.. except i couldn't fit more than Buster and his bass in here! bravo for the nudge Clem, you're a highly polished gem! 💎
ahh.. time to crack open another Sunday afternoon corker methunks.. 🍸😘

These under the radar releases are being added to my Discogs want list!!
Although too much exposure may bump up the rump.... ;)

better snap 'em up before Gos gobbles all remaining copies in a case of double overexposure of the gobblin' kind! 🍻

say cheese! 😁
(double gloucester, n'est pas) 📸
Again there is a reply:
It involves the words , circumnavigating (ish), cheese, camel breath and portion ( colloquially knob!!) :D

And todays clue is:
Not for the faint hearted.

Last edited:
picked up several of his 5.1's but won't be buying any more with his name attached until he stops wanKing about and learns how to mix in surround properly 🥣
And to think my wife wanted to call our son Wayne!! :) ;)

Couldn't agree more Adam ....he really likes to Roger the Cabin net.:ROFLMAO:
Bring back Captain Pugwash I say...so many asides there. :whistle:

We ought to start a thread with xxx rated, totally unacceptable, witticisms.
As this thread is being taken over by the musings of mis spent adult hood!!

this thread is rated X

that means its extra m*********ing c****ing f******ing b****y b******d b******s special, yeah!!!!! 🤣

Back