Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
passion.jpg

I can't tell you how EXCITED I am to have found this holy grail

View attachment 44098 I hesitated opening it, but I bought it to play, so I sliced away

and lemme tell you--the mix does not fail! Ship Ahoy! 400 years ago this past August, the first Africans were brought to the shores of what was to become the land of the free and the home of the brave. And what was to become of those Africans? They were slaves.

Come on, come on
Put your hands together
Put your hands together
Put your hands together
And let us pray

coming next February from Dutton Vocational;

get your hooks in the new O'Jays 2-fer "Message In The Ship In A Bottle" w/ "Family Reunion Ahoy".. ⚓🍾

for the love of Mike Dutton, people keep telling me, keep your legs together!!! 👯‍♀️

Last edited:
What's the Mix like Clem?
Is it outstanding!!... ;)

Just found this thread:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-indigo-girls-surround-sacd.3529/
It did make me laugh out loud!! :D Well a particular last post did.
Oh dear! I would check this thread instead! Only 8 votes (@fredblue & @edisonbaggins posted but didn't vote . . . yet). The mix does indeed get the Clemountain peak of approval. The fact that Clearmountain did the mix is what made me hit the BUY button. Well, that and the feedback on the poll thread. At this point in my surround life, QQ pretty much dictates all of my purchases. Actually, this showed up today

1574291971921.png

I can't exactly recollect why I purchased this one, but I do know I signed up for a membership at the local roller rink around the same time I bought the disc . . .

Always wondered how the heck they come up with the name for a song GREEN ONIONS....so....WIKI says:

According to Steve Cropper, the name is not a marijuana reference; rather, the track is named after the Green Badger's cat, Green Onions, whose way of walking inspired the riff. Songfacts.com, however, ascribes the track's title to Booker T. Jones. When asked by Jim Stewart what he'd named his track, Songfacts reports, Jones replied "Green Onions." "'Why "Green Onions"?' Jim asked. Booker T: 'Because that is the nastiest thing I can think of and it's something you throw away.'"

On a Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! broadcast on June 24, 2013, host Peter Sagal asked Booker T. why his song was called, "Green Onions". Booker T. said, "The bass player thought it was so funky, he wanted to call it, 'Funky Onions', but they thought that was too low-class, so we used 'Green Onions' instead."
Damn Damn great post. I remember when Green Onions was new. I have it on 45 RPM downstairs. Somewhere.

Look what arrived today! Just returned home from picking my wife up, and I missed a package--she found it, handed it to me, and said, "I thought you stopped buying surround sound music!" To which I replied, "Well, I did! I wonder what that could be!? Actually, maybe I didn't stop buying . . ." I must be dreaming . . .

1574307443704.png

I should wait until at least Thanksgiving, but--gosh--I'm like a kid on Christmas morning! And thanks to the @edisonbaggins "Tiny-Tim-God-bless-us-everyone-Life-in-Surround" Patented Purchase Program, I found this baby for $8.99! I'm sure my wife will understand when I explain what a great deal this is . . . I really must be dreaming!

Last edited:
Look what arrived today! Just returned home from picking my wife up, and I missed a package--she found it, handed it to me, and said, "I thought you stopped buying surround sound music!" To which I replied, "Well, I did! I wonder what that could be!? Actually, maybe I didn't stop buying . . ." I must be dreaming . . .

View attachment 44110

I should wait until at least Thanksgiving, but--gosh--I'm like a kid on Christmas morning! And thanks to the @edisonbaggins "Tiny-Tim-God-bless-us-everyone-Life-in-Surround" Patented Purchase Program, I found this baby for $8.99! I'm sure my wife will understand when I explain what a great deal this is . . . I really must be dreaming!

I'm sure your wife WILL understand, Clement. After all it's ROSEMARY .......and the album is SUBLIME. And with so few Christmas titles in surround and for the paltry sum of $8.99 .........I'm sure once you hang the organic mistletoe up, she'll be there to smooch her grinch ....as the only thing he ever stole at Christmas ..... is her everlovin'

See the source image

Back