Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you all don't know this disc, there are LOTS of influence here. Pink Floyd, Tull, maybe some Celtic stuff here and there. Just my opinion. Pretty unique and the disc sounds great. Heck, sometimes I think I hear Country Rock.....crazy. :)
I've got that on DVD, choose DTS or DD 5.1 it's perty good, saw them live in Cardiff in 2012 too.

My wife is doing some intense work and Machine Head was too much so we are listening to the Gaelic Goddess...DTS DVD
R-2029801-1291343441.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
You're right, never heard of it :oops:; sampled a little, almost has a Rush sound to me- but, have you compared it to the dts version (which is much less pricey?) But hey, I'm not really a Rush guy, so maybe not -LOL

I have both the DTS and SACD versions of Mostly Autumn PASSENGERS and it comes highly recommended. Also NOT a diehard RUSH fan. If you can find the SACD, I think you'll like it.

My wife went to go see Cher (sorry, no way was I going) and I am weeks behind in 5.1 listening.
Now is XTC as The Dukes of Stratosphere Psurroundabout Ride. So far so good.
View attachment 44131

I saw Cher's FAREWELL TOUR [??????] a few years back and the opening act was loopy, LOVABLE Cyndi Lauper ...... Guess who had the better voice .....??????? Cyndi Lauper

Great album, BTW, Markie!

Last edited:
I read this thread

View attachment 44135 and I bought this disc

2 + 2 = 4 . . . it's that simple
thanks ever so much, @sukothai

musically nice but was fairly underwhelmed by the surround on this when i first got it.. having since learned of Sony's hi-res hi-jinks i wouldn't be at all surprised if the MultiCh on the SACD isn't all that faithful to the old Quad mix after all.. 🤔

Back