Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, yes it is, just switched over, I had the stupid Sony set to DVDV, so it didn't show the option. So now 5.1 MLP DVDA.

yeay!! success!! 🥳 🤗
(whether it makes any appreciable / audible difference, not least since its an Opus authored disc, i don't know.. but it always makes me feel an ickle bit better to see the MLP / DVD-A bit flash up! 😍

Now Playing....

Roxy Music - Avalon

1586182557922.png

ahhh, glorious surround! Love it!

Go For Your Guns : The Isley Brothers

(1977 SQ LP decoded by the Surround Master)

"i keep hearing footsteps baby,
in the dark..."

👀👣👂👀🦶🧐

8F6EFEBC-73E3-41E1-BC07-29078251CB62.jpeg

a short but very sweet little beaut in Quad, i hope it sees the DV MultiCh SACD treatment someday 🙏🌈😍

edit: i've probably mentioned it sometime somewhere at QQ before but i think it bears repeating, there's one track in particular on this Quad, "Voyage To Atlantis", which has what i believe is the most effective and intelligent use of reverb and Front to Back delay on a CBS Quad (something of a dicey proposition for a mix intended for delivery on the SQ system, which tended towards decoding better with a drier mix) however by this stage studio gear had no doubt improved, i imagine recording techniques themselves would've improved somewhat too but most of all CBS' top Quad Remix Engineer Larry Keyes had perfected his Quad mixing skills as you trace the progress in his work from the early days of Quad at CBS to its demise he really honed his skills into an art.. creating subtler surround than the likes of his earlier mixes (various Santana albums, etc.) but right up there in quality with the PIR Quads and even comparable to many better modern day mixes imho. check it out and see what i mean, or if you don't have it / can't find it, PM for a sample to see what SQ could do in the right hands 🤲

Last edited:
Back