Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
comin' home baby now with..

David Sanborn's timeagain

this is how we do it, baby!!

🌈🥳🤩🎷🥁🎹🎧🎸

View attachment 48859

And THIS is how we do it baby in MLP DVD~A 5.1. Really wish VERVE had released more of their classic albums in REMIXED 5.1, Adam

See the source image

yo, bro! 👋 how's it go-go-going 👍
is this one of the (scant few) decent discrete yo-yo 5.1's or a surround no-no yo-yo, like most of them? 🧐
Watcha me old cocker
Bit bushed if truth was known, as in the garden, removing an old untidy Bush, today. :)

This release actually has more than just reverb and echo in it.
Deff Geetar from rears

Last edited:
Watcha me old cocker
Bit bushed if truth was known, as in the garden, removing an old untidy Bush, today. :)

This release actually has more than just reverb and echo in it.
Deff Geetar from rears

well thrash at my thatch and call me Barbara! a Yo-Yo in the hand is worth 5.1 in the Bush! 🌳🪀💪

as always, thanks for your hot tip! 😋

The MLP DVD~A 5.1 of David Sanborn's Time Again is 96/24

There's one still available Used~LIKE NEW @ AmazonUK for £16.99 + s/h

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Timeagain-...DVD~Audio&qid=1586195480&s=music&sr=1-1-fkmr1

excellent! my follow-on question would be;

be it up-rez'd to 96 from the 88.1 of the SACD, like Gaucho? 🧐

or be it actual 96k source with suitably advanced res info and no ultrasonic noise? 🤔

there be a copy of the DVD-A on Discogs for our QQ-ers "Down Under" for around six quid, that there be! 😱

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3169735?ev=rb

Listening (again) to the Super Furry Animals' Rings Around the World.

I think this one gets short shrift here because it's a DD5.1 DVD-V, but I couldn't reccomend it more highly - I think you'd struggle to find a 2000's album (aside from maybe The Flaming Lips) with a more aggressive surround mix.

And like The Flaming Lips, SFA are kind of an amalgamation of every style of pop songwriting, performance and production from the 60s to present, but SFA's songwriting knocks the Flaming Lips in to a cocked hat - tracks like Presidential Suite, Juxtaposed with U and (A) Touch Sensitive for me are of near-classic status. IIRC this was Mojo magazine's album of the year for 2001 and also a Mercury Music Prize nominee.

The DVD also includes 5 (very good) non-album tracks also mixed in real 5.1. On discogs the PAL version starts at $3 and the NTSC version starts at $13 - if you're in search of something new/good to listen to, give this one a chance.

My wife and I just returned from a walk to Lake Michigan. Become Ocean . . . the lake has risen so much that the beach is barely there anymore, but the sand took me back . . . I am about five years old. It is summer time. I am sitting in a sandbox. I am playing with a female friend; she is my age. We face each other as we dig through the sand. I am facing east. I know this because it is morning, and the sun is behind her. I move so that the sun is behind her head. It shines around her head, lighting up her blond hair. She is beautiful. Her name is Sandy. I think to myself, “I am sitting in a sandbox with Sandy and her hair is the color of the sand.” I’m not sure what my five-year-old language for the feeling is, but looking back on it, I remember feeling something like, “How cool is this! Sandy in the sandbox! Sun behind Sandy makes her hair glow with light! There will never be a moment as beautiful as this--visually and metaphorically!” Well, that last one is WAY too sophisticated for my five-year-old mind, but I can tell you that I have never liked blondes, and the reason is because none has ever surpassed this memory of Sandy in the sandbox, her hair aglow with the light of the sun. That’s the truth! And here is some more sandy truth:

1586200315175.png
John Luther Adams, Seattle Symphony, Ludovic Morlot Become Desert

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/06/729239673/first-listen-john-luther-adams-become-deserthttps://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/john-luther-adams-become-desert/https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jul/04/john-luther-adams-become-desert-review

I think this one gets short shrift here because it's a DD5.1 DVD-V, but I couldn't reccomend it more highly - I think you'd struggle to find a 2000's album (aside from maybe The Flaming Lips) with a more aggressive surround mix.

And like The Flaming Lips, SFA are kind of an amalgamation of every style of pop songwriting, performance and production from the 60s to present, but SFA's songwriting knocks the Flaming Lips in to a cocked hat - tracks like Presidential Suite, Juxtaposed with U and (A) Touch Sensitive for me are of near-classic status. IIRC this was Mojo magazine's album of the year for 2001 and also a Mercury Music Prize nominee.

The DVD also includes 5 (very good) non-album tracks also mixed in real 5.1. On discogs the PAL version starts at $3 and the NTSC version starts at $13 - if you're in search of something new/good to listen to, give this one a chance.
I like it too. Check it out.

With a hot tip like that, be rude not to.
Just ordered a copy off Discogs , for less than a fiver. (y) :)

Back