Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven Wilson-Hand.Cannot.Erase.

Finally got it yesterday and only had time to listen to it once so far. Hopefully in about an hour will be able to have my second listen.
What an enjoyable album to listen to, will it have lasting power only time will tell but initial impression is this is another studio marvel, Steven has a great ear for music, great producer as well as great arranger etc.
Top notch band that he is working with as well.

peter

Hola,
Listening to The Who Live at The Royal Albert Hall on SACD 5.1...
Great show, but music isn't very discrete, if at all, for the rears. Hard to multichannel up live shows, but, ACDC has one at Donnington I believe. I like that one. Is this sacd even on the poll? It's oop I think. The crowd hangs in the rear. I guess that's reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hola,
Listening to The Who Live at The Royal Albert Hall on SACD 5.1...
Great show, but music isn't very discrete, if at all, for the rears. Hard to multichannel up live shows, but, ACDC has one at Donnington I believe. I like that one. Is this sacd even on the poll? It's oop I think. The crowd hangs in the rear. I guess that's reasonable.

The majority of live 5.1 stuff are not very discreet sorry to say, but there are some. The Who one does sound very good at least. Check out the Super Sessions sacd Audio Fidelity put out.

The majority of live 5.1 stuff are not very discreet sorry to say, but there are some. The Who one does sound very good at least. Check out the Super Sessions sacd Audio Fidelity put out.

I've grabbed them all... I wish they'd settle on a format to make it work right, that aside, you're right. I have all those releases and love them. Was hoping a Who concert might have slipped through the cracks. Blind buy. Still worth it for great show. Though, it wasn't that cheap I didn't think. O well. Audio madness. It's a new illness that's so Beastie Boys "ill."

SOLD! Thanks Mr :) (y)

Ha. Maybe I ought change my screen name to Mr. Thumbs up. This is in sharp contrast to my fickle demeanor. At any rate, The Who SACD is fun for Who fans, but likely disappointment for audiophiles. For me, price worth admission. Great show. Fair sound. Um, The Who!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426644879.660114.jpg

Best of Bread 4.0 SACD
Youngbloods a/k/a Get Together Q8
The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings - Allman Brothers Band Blu-Ray-A
It's Like You Never Left - Dave Mason SQ
Angels & Demons at Play - Sun Ra (Herman "Sonny" Blount) RIP QS
Two Against Nature Plush TV Jazz-Rock Party in Sensuous Surround Sound - Steely Dan DVD-V

Perhaps I should add that next time I'll play my UK Edsel CD of Youngbloods, replete with the original cover and title. The Quad is pretty much a non-mix, IMHO.

My vote for worst sounding Quad mix: Tapestry - Carole King, which I have on Q8. I definitely prefer listening in 2ch to this. The 5.1 SACD, however, is spectacular!

...Youngbloods a/k/a Get Together Q8...

Perhaps I should add that next time I'll play my UK Edsel CD of Youngbloods, replete with the original cover and title. The Quad is pretty much a non-mix, IMHO.

My vote for worst sounding Quad mix: Tapestry - Carole King, which I have on Q8. I definitely prefer listening in 2ch to this. The 5.1 SACD, however, is spectacular!

I like the Tapestry SACD 5.1 and I wish they would make a blu ray out of this as I have it recorded in HD from the Palladia Channel...it's an excellent concert...

Back