MQA goes into reorganization.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it will catch on quickly at those prices.
You can buy several and create a super duper ATMOS set up ..... LOL.

But the review was ECSTATIC from Stereophile reviewers as it should be for that OUTRAGEOUS PRICE!

My point being ...that MQA isn't DEAD yet!

A DAC for the price of a high-end car...uuuuurghgh
That's why I love reading STEREOPHILE and THE ABSOLUTE SOUND .......and back in the day they were reviewing phono cartridges for $19,500! And 1 meter RCA interconnects for about the same price!

Hey, if you're an oil rich Arabian mega billionaire ... what the hell?

That's why I love reading STEREOPHILE and THE ABSOLUTE SOUND .......and back in the day they were reviewing phono cartridges for $19,500! And 1 meter RCA interconnects for about the same price!

Today it's $500,000.00 turntables and such.
It gets more ridiculous every year.

Today it's $500,000.00 turntables and such.
It gets more ridiculous every year.
I recall a few years ago, a Japanese speaker manufacturer created a set of speakers retailing for $1.3M ....only 3 pairs were made and AFAIK, 2 sets were already sold!

I can only imagine these ridiculously high ticketed audio items are all the rage in Dubai and Saudi Arabia as the audio dealers are required to pay for these components up front before they can display them in their showrooms!

And from reading the reviews, most of these ultra pricey components are geared towards Stereo listeners. One could only imagine what it would cost to outfit a Dolby Atmos system at these exorbitant prices!

Last edited:
I recall a few years ago, a Japanese speaker manufacturer created a set of speakers retailing for $1.3M ....only 3 pairs were made and AFAIK, 2 sets were already sold!
I've heard a few very expensive systems approaching this cost at audio show over the years.. Now if you have a very large room that you wish to fill with SOTA sound, a few of those may have their place but it's really hard to say. IMHO The point of diminishing returns has most likely reared it's head at some point way back on the price/size curve. That same $1m sound level was probably available at 10% or less of that $1m?
Although it's hard for me and many here I'm sure to grasp this level of "price no object" spending, but think about what gets spend on autos and such, mostly for pure braggin rights.

Ya know, every once in a while, I’ll see a magazine called lThe Robb Report,” and I’ll buy one. It’s full of stuff Elon Musk can afford but would never buy. Yachts, stupid-expensive watches, 300mph supercars, etc.

It’s fun to dream, but I’ve never understood marketing that sort of overpriced stuff.

Ya know, every once in a while, I’ll see a magazine called lThe Robb Report,” and I’ll buy one. It’s full of stuff Elon Musk can afford but would never buy. Yachts, stupid-expensive watches, 300mph supercars, etc.
It's one of the things to Musk's credit that he doesn't appear to be interested in that sort of stuff.

It’s always irked me that the lotteries are geared towards making the jackpots build to ridiculously high amounts. Who the hell needs 900-million dollars?
It should be geared towards maximizing the number of people that win 5 million dollar jackpots. Enough to make people financially stable, not stupid rich.
Mind you, if you gave everyone a million pounds/dollars you would still end up with rich people and poor people ;)

Mind you, if you gave everyone a million pounds/dollars you would still end up with rich people and poor people ;)
Agreed but that’s not the point. There would still only be a minuscule percentage of winners vs the overall population but more people would benefit. Instead of one person being buried in money.

It's one of the things to Musk's credit that he doesn't appear to be interested in that sort of stuff.
There is a video floating around on youtube where a HiFi dealer recounts a visit to Musks' house to fix a problem. I won't spoil the story but worth a watch if you're keen to track it down.

If it's built, it has to be marketed to sell.
You and I may not be the target audience, nor for the "Robb Report' either.
But many are, I'm just jealous. LOL
As I've repeatedly said of the products I was building when I had my own business, "My products did everything they were supposed to do, except sell at a profit." Lost my ass on that venture, I'm afraid.

I really don't understand a turntable that costs more than most houses. While I like nice stuff, I just don't understand who buys things like that. It seems that in order to get that sort of money, you have to be reasonably conscious of value, and spend your funds with a certain amount of wisdom. And that shit ain't wise, nosiree.

It’s always irked me that the lotteries are geared towards making the jackpots build to ridiculously high amounts. Who the hell needs 900-million dollars?
It should be geared towards maximizing the number of people that win 5 million dollar jackpots. Enough to make people financially stable, not stupid rich.
That's marketing. You sell more tickets when the jackpot gets nutso. FWIW, I didn't win last night.

Back