Mr. Afternoon - droplets - new electronic/rock concept album [Discussion] (Lossless 5ch DVD-Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, unfortunately the metadata isn't in any site as of yet.
Glad to hear it came early for you! Eager to hear thoughts! :)
I have attempted to rip both discs, the audio disc with DVD Audio Extractor and the video disc with MakeMKV, both unsuccessful. My ripping equipment is quite old but I've never had any issues with it previously. I will have to use my Oppo if I want to enjoy your music, which really isn't a problem. I will keep my eye on this thread just to see of others are having problems too. Thanks again for your contributions to this forum and especially for your music. You are both creative and talented.

Mine just landed! STOKED!!!
Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 5.39.17ā€ÆPM.png

Apologies in advance to those waiting for the 5.1 surround version of the digital download, but there may be a slight delay in getting that up, as I temporarily do not have access to my audio storage server. I will try to upload that as soon as possible.

To address a question I got:

The special features are available on the DVD-Audio disc as well (not just the DVD-Video disc). They have to be accessed by changing the group.

The groups are as follows:

- Group 1: Album (5ch 24-bit 96-kHz MLP)
- Group 2: Commentary (2ch 16-bit 48-kHz MLP)
- Group 3: Deleted Scenes (5ch 16-bit 48-kHz MLP)
- Group 4: Credits

To address a question I got:

The special features are available on the DVD-Audio disc as well (not just the DVD-Video disc). They have to be accessed by changing the group.

The groups are as follows:

- Group 1: Album (5ch 24-bit 96-kHz MLP)
- Group 2: Commentary (2ch 16-bit 48-kHz MLP)
- Group 3: Deleted Scenes (5ch 16-bit 48-kHz MLP)
- Group 4: Credits
Exactly my man.

I've only listened to it once so far and very much liked it. I like the overall concept, the music & loved that mix. The soundfield is full and rich but with sharp pin point locations also. And the active panning was a real delight.

It is pretty much the opposite of The Golden Bonana. One of the reasons I liked Droplets so much is it reminded of one of my top 10 anime, a series called Ergo Proxy. The conversations with NADIA is what did it. I tried to find a video but nothing that was a good example so I'll leave it at that.

I haven't listened to any of the extras & probably won't until I listen again. This time I will pay more attention to the dialogue & see if it actually conveys a coherent story.

On the down side between each track there is a 2 sec gap played back on my 105. Sort of like if you're playing back ripped VOB files. I will see if it happens on the DD audio, how it sounds. That might be my preferred audio if it's gapless & sounds OK.

I do miss the .1 subwoof channel. Yes I have 4 big Infinity speakers & yes there was quite a bit of decent bass. But as I said earlier I have one of those cheap but comfy circular folding chair from Target. Not some giant over stuffed recliner thing. My subwoof with 2, 12" cones sit right behind me and adds quite the visceral impact when the bass is there. Otherwise it blends in very well & never overpowers if the real bass isn't there. Nope, I don't have the kind of bass management that can change that. I don't think a subwoof ch causes consumer confusion. Yelo (esp Point), as an example, has used a 4.1 mix with great success.

But overall I am certainly glad to purchase & look forward to enjoying again, probably this evening.

My copy arrived on Thursday, and I'm lovin' it! That computer needs a good kick in the hard drive! The sound is excellent, with great use of the surround channels. I like the fact that it tells a story! I give it a 10! (What? We're not rating it yet?? Oh, OK.)
Yeah. It definitely qualifies for a QQ poll!

Attention to all who have bought the physical DVD-V + DVD-A set of droplets. You will soon receive details for accessing a free download copy of your purchase. Please stay tuned for further details.
A 5.1 download from IAA to complement the already included stereo from Bandcamp?

I have listened to the DD version of this album. It plays gapless nice & smooth but is audibly inferior to the MLP DVD-A. I will for right now I hope (assume?) the new download will be gapless high quality uncompressed. Thanks! But it looks like I have purchased physical media so I can enjoy playing a
download.... šŸ¤”šŸ˜†

Back