Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Is anyone else having issues renaming with musicbrainz? I've just suddenly started getting this error on artist search and I've reinstalled, and tried the beta.
1696928975686.png

Hi. Is anyone else having issues renaming with musicbrainz? I've just suddenly started getting this error on artist search and I've reinstalled, and tried the beta.
View attachment 97114

MMH 7.0.3 Beta 1 in working for me.

Can you please try again? Maybe the Musicbrainz server was down on your previous attempt?

Extract FLACs from MKV - This has worked really for me until I got to XTC - The Big Express this past week. Had a devil of a time confirming which was 5.1 stream from all the others. I did identify Atmos, Stereo, Instrumental, Demos/Extras (16/48) as I went through all of them twice. This is what I found in t03.

Both streams in this MKV t03 are labelled DTS Lossy; the first set (highlighted) has files that are each maybe >50% larger than the lossy set in the 2nd stream listed. Could this be a misinterpretation on my part or that of MMH? I cannot account for 5.1 files otherwise. Thanks for everything you do.

View attachment 97101
I've seen this on all the DTS-HDMA streams I've extracted using MMH for some time now. It also identifies them as 24/48kHz, even when they're 24/96. I never create MKV files that include a lossy DTS stream, unless, of course, that's the only one.

I've sporadically had MusicBrainz not work. I think it's probably down at the time or problems on their end. Of course with new releases you don't always get results right away.
It still has no info on the new Love, Devotion, Surrender reissue. In fact, it doesn't have any info on any of its previous quad releases either. Annoying.

I've sporadically had MusicBrainz not work. I think it's probably down at the time or problems on their end. Of course with new releases you don't always get results right away.
Yep, I waited a week or two on Who’s Next - Lifehouse and it finally showed up.

I’ve also found you have to be mindful of what you type on certain artists / albums.

I found you have to do Who’s Next | Lifehouse in another app that uses musicbrainz.

I'm still having the same issue in MMH - literally any artist I try I get the same error. Been happening every time for the last couple of weeks. I've used Revouninstaller to get every trace of the app out of the system and then reinstalled and no joy.

Can anyone think of anything else I can try? I'll keep trying it periodically as well.

1697013831967.png

What are you entering as the album name for who’s Next? Maybe don’t use the | character. I just search for Whos Next and the LifeHouse edition comes up including the BDA.

Hi Garry, I sure like the pictures of your trip. My wife and I where thinking about Egypt 2024 April, but maybe not the safest place to go? I'll suggest Australia in April.
My question: can I turn a single song MKV file to a FLAC file?
Back to my wanting to convert a single (one song) MKV to FLAC.
Titles in BOLD above screen shots. This is in regards to Trevor Rabin -Rio, 5.1 rip, no problems and three bonus tracks from the Blu Ray that are stereo.
This screenshot shows the large 5.1 and stereo file for MMH split chapters, no problem. The MKV rip also included the three stereo only Bonus Tracks as three separate files. So I click on Rio_t01>Open.
Screenshot (99).png

This below screen shot shows the pop up saying I cannot convert as it is single file.

Screenshot (100).png

Hi there. Is it possible to use CLI to automate some task for my own workflow? I'm especially interested in decoding and encoding Atmos via command line.

Hi there. Is it possible to use CLI to automate some task for my own workflow? I'm especially interested in decoding and encoding Atmos via command line.

There is no CLI interface to MMH now. The MMH Atmos Helper already handles batch decoding and batch encoding.

Can you describe what you want to do?

My question: can I turn a single song MKV file to a FLAC file?

Try this workaround (I think this may work):

First ensure you select FLAC as the output.
Now select more than one MKV file, MMH will then ignore the chapters in all selected files and convert each MKV to a FLAC file

There is no CLI interface to MMH now. The MMH Atmos Helper already handles batch decoding and batch encoding.

Can you describe what you want to do?
Yes. I have a batch script which decodes several formats, such as ac3, dts, dts-hd, truehd and so on into different output formats like multichannel wav, mono wavs, ac3 and so on. I can also add delay, stretch the tempo or correct the pitch on the fly and i would love to integrate the atmos formats into that. I have found out that the Dolby Reference Player and GStreamer are the key to that. But I didn't manage to get it working (yet).

Last edited:
Try this workaround (I think this may work):

First ensure you select FLAC as the output.
Now select more than one MKV file, MMH will then ignore the chapters in all selected files and convert each MKV to a FLAC file
Duh, stupid me, I think I was thinking, not really sure, selected all three songs, converted to FLAC, done.
I just needed to talk to you Garry, ;) :SG

Duh, stupid me, I think I was thinking, not really sure, selected all three songs, converted to FLAC, done.

No it’s not you. If you select only one input MKV, MKA or MP4 file MMH looks for chapters to try and split. Loading multiples ignores chapters. It was a workaround added a few years back to allow working with none chaptered MKV, MKA and MPA files (although it should be in the docs).

Back