Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello HomerJAU,

I thank you again for your work with this tool that we are all giving so much benefit to.
It's your day, I asked you if you had ever considered designing a similar tool to be able to work with DTS-X.

At the time you commented that it was not in your expectations, but given the interest that there is in this community, I insist again, without intending to make myself annoying. Is there a possibility, even if it is in the medium term, that you consider it?

Best regards from Spain ;)

Don't know if this a feature or a bug, but if you open up the mpegh decoder and close the window (X) it gives an error, but will continue with out closing if you want.
I know there's a button to close, just tried the "traditional" way out of habit I suppose.
Certainly no deal breaker for me.

Let me clarify that, if you use file select, and close that window with the (X) instead of using the button at bottom to cancel.

I asked you if you had ever considered designing a similar tool to be able to work with DTS-X.

… Is there a possibility, even if it is in the medium term, that you consider it?

Hi cacho.

I don’t know of any software DTS:X decoder that I could use in MMH. A software DTS-HD decoder was reverse engineered a few years ago (by others) but nothing exists for DTS:X.

DTS:X for music is very rare and MMH was developed primarily for surround music enthusiasts.

So unfortunately (for you), I have no plans to add DTS:X encoding or decoding to MMH.

In my testing of the MPEG-H decoder everything is stored as objects.

Shouldn't the mpegh decoder say ....(or FLAC if 8 OBJECTS or less) ? Already seen people get confused by that.

No, because the MPEG-H decoder uses the user's selected channel layout. If a user selects > 8 channels that's what the decoder creates, regardless of number of objects but FLAC can't have > 8 channels.

There seems to be a lot of 22.2 channel RA360 that only have 4-6 objects.

These are really quad or 5.1 mixes. It seems the encoders a forcing 24 channel formatted files with silent channels. A bit like delivering Quad in a 6 channel file with 2 silent channels for playback compatibility on 5.1 systems.

EDIT: There are quite a few Atmos (streaming) mixes that have less channels (with data) than the expected 10 (5.1.4). Some look more like 5.0, some without a centre channel etc.

In my testing of the MPEG-H decoder everything is stored as objects.

No, because the MPEG-H decoder uses the user's selected channel layout. If a user selects > 8 channels that's what the decoder creates, regardless of number of objects but FLAC can't have > 8 channels.
Yes but the decoder decodes the number of objects?

Hi cacho.

I don’t know of any software DTS:X decoder that I could use in MMH. A software DTS-HD decoder was reverse engineered a few years ago (by others) but nothing exists for DTS:X.

DTS:X for music is very rare and MMH was developed primarily for surround music enthusiasts.

So unfortunately (for you), I have no plans to add DTS:X encoding or decoding to MMH.
The use would basically be for editing audio tracks for cinema, not music.
Also, thank you for your interest and your quick response.

Greetings.

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, and not sure if this question has already been answered elsewhere (searched for awhile and couldn't find it) so forgive me if those things are true, but I'd like some help here:

I'm interested primarily in ripping the stereo tracks from blu-ray discs. I downloaded MMH last night to try and do this with the Richard Wright disc and can't figure out how to do it. Trying to search through the files on the disc, I can't seem to find any MKV files or anything that points specifically to audio, let alone finding the stereo tracks.

Is this not the right program to do this with? Or am I just doing it all wrong?

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, and not sure if this question has already been answered elsewhere (searched for awhile and couldn't find it) so forgive me if those things are true, but I'd like some help here:

I'm interested primarily in ripping the stereo tracks from blu-ray discs. I downloaded MMH last night to try and do this with the Richard Wright disc and can't figure out how to do it. Trying to search through the files on the disc, I can't seem to find any MKV files or anything that points specifically to audio, let alone finding the stereo tracks.

Use MakeMKV application to rip the MKV first.

https://www.makemkv.com/download/

You can use MakeMKV or DVD Audio Extractor to rip the blu-ray disc and then MMH to handle all the splitting, cue sheet creation, etc.

Back