Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Media Helper 7.1.1 Released

Version 7.1.1 (October 29 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Missing mp4box.exe dependency files in 7.1.0 release caused Atmos Helper encoding to MP4 and M4A files to fail
Missing mp4box.exe dependency files in 7.1.0 release caused new MPEG-H decoding from M4A files to fail
(Both issues above occurred if GPAC was not installed on user's PC)

Changes:
Installer now includes mb4box dependency files (add 50MB to installer file size)

Music Media Helper 7.1.1 Released

Version 7.1.1 (October 29 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Missing mp4box.exe dependency files in 7.1.0 release caused Atmos Helper encoding to MP4 and M4A files to fail
Missing mp4box.exe dependency files in 7.1.0 release caused new MPEG-H decoding from M4A files to fail
(Both issues above occurred if GPAC was not installed on user's PC)

Changes:
Installer now includes mb4box dependency files (add 50MB to installer file size)
This is all so cool. Thanks for the updates! DRP doesn't like the MP4 encoding, but we know how picky DRP is. I can live without it though. The MLP files work great.

The 7.1.0 changes should allow Dolby Digital Plus Atmos encodes to play in MP4 files but I’ll check this today again in 7.1.1.

I had initially removed all mp4box based code from MMH 7.1.0 after I found the missing dependencies then reinstated it after adding them. I may have missed something other changes. I was thinking about this a 2:00am this morning…

The 7.1.0 changes should allow Dolby Digital Plus Atmos encodes to play in MP4 files but I’ll check this today again in 7.1.1.

I had initially removed all mp4box based code from MMH 7.1.0 after I found the missing dependencies then reinstated it after adding them. I may have missed something other changes. I was thinking about this a 2:00am this morning…
Maybe it was because I selected TrueHD and MP4?

Hey Garry, could you please share the installer? MMH doesn't seem to update automatically, and on the MMH7 website, it's only 7.1.0.
Cheers

The direct link to the installer is in the first post on this thread. I added is a while back. It’s always the same link for every release.

hey Garry,

I've noticed this little issue on MMH Atmos Helper after the new update 7.1.1, which is files with the files names in different characters or letters other than English won't convert properly. (scenario - I've tried to convert some Latin American songs with these characters " é , ú , ó , ń " on the song titles)

Thanks you

files with the files names in different characters or letters other than English won't convert properly. (scenario - I've tried to convert some Latin American songs with these characters " é , ú , ó , ń " on the song titles)

Can you please confirm your DME version?

EDIT: @ZenKenShin This is now fixed in MMH version 7.1.4 Beta 3 released today (November 12 2023)

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 7.1.2 Released

Direct link to installer: https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

Version 7.1.2 (November 4 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Atmos Helper tool: The new DDP blu-ray profile failed to complete conversions to MKV, M4A etc - fixed
MPEG-H Audio Decoder tool failed with certain input files - fixed (mp4box related)

Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: Added support for 1024kbps DDP encodes

Similar issues updating.. (I had same going from 7.0.2 to 7.1.1 but assumed it was a one off...)

After clicking Check for update and Yes to update, whereas in previous updates the red text at the bottom of the app shows the download %age, nothing happens now (it just continues to say update available). However the download does occur and presumably once the download has completed, the dialog to Close and update the app appears, but clicking Yes does nothing other than close the app.. The update doesn't start.
The installer can be found in the download folder and double-clicking that directly does do the update as expected.. :)

Hope that helps identifying whats going on... I can't see any issues in event log or anywhere like that..

I have found a problem with the latest Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 update I am using. It’s losing events (code) for some reason. I’ve found about 4 or 5 instances of this so far in 7.1 and the description above sounds like same problem. The compiler does not report any issue the only way it shows is something no longer working!

I’ll revert to a previous VS version and see if I can find other events that have been removed. What a pain…

Back