Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me long time ago, at the era of MS-DOS and starting Windows 3.1, when I was discussing with a friend that believed that, if you rename the "extension" of the file, the system was 'converting' the format from the old to the new. I was explaining that the 'extension' part of the name is just part of the name, and no internal content is changed at all. But he didn't believe me.
My ex believed this. She was always convinced that you could convert a document by changing the extension. Then it wouldn't work. She would, of course, ignore this data point and maintain her belief.

New MMH beta ready:

Version 7.1.4 Beta 3 (November 12 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Split & Join MKV files tool would not accept .mka files from the File Browser dialog - fixed
MMH Atmos Helper: Encoder fails when input file names have accents/diacritics - fixed @ZenKenShin
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoder fails when input file names have accents/diacritics - fixed

Changes:
Improved channel mapping naming
Reduced size of installer by 30MB
Minor UI cleanup

Updated ffmpeg components to 6.1

Direct link to beta installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/beta/MMHInstaller.msi
I had no idea those foreign accented characters I’ve been seeing all my life were called ‘diacritics’ (example: Ragnarök).
Once I knew the name Google found the code for an easy fix :)

Last edited:
New MMH beta ready:

Version 7.1.4 Beta 3 (November 12 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Split & Join MKV files tool would not accept .mka files from the File Browser dialog - fixed
MMH Atmos Helper: Encoder fails when input file names have accents/diacritics - fixed @ZenKenShin
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoder fails when input file names have accents/diacritics - fixed

Changes:
Minor UI cleanup

I had no idea those foreign accented characters I’ve been seeing all my life were called ‘diacritics’ (example: Ragnarök).
Once I knew the name Google found an easy fix :)
Thanks you very much for the fix....

:QQlove Keep up the good work and stay awesome!! :QQlove

New MMH beta ready:

Version 7.1.4 Beta 4 (November 14 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
New in Beta 4: MMH Atmos Helper: Decoding to 5.1.2: top channels silent - fixed (issue with earlier 7.1.4 beta release ffmpeg 6.1 issue)

Previous Beta fixes:

Changes:
Minor UI cleanup

New MMH Release:

Version 7.1.4 (November 16 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
MMH Atmos Helper: Encoder fails when input file names have accents/diacritics - fixed

Changes:
Improved channel map naming
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoding to mono files: Output Channel files names changed to use industry standard suffixes

Direct link to installer (although the auto updater should work if your have 7.1.3 installed or a 7.1.4 beta version):
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi
Edit: Link fixed (was beta)

Last edited:
New MMH Release:

-------------
Fixes:
MMH Atmos Helper: Encoder fails when input file names have accents/diacritics - fixed

Changes:
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoding to mono files: Output Channel files names changed to use industry standard suffixes

Direct link to installer (although the auto updater should work if your have 7.1.3 installed or a 7.1.4 beta version):
About says 7.1.4 beta 4. Check for updates says beta 3, update is available?

New MMH Release:

-------------
Fixes:

Changes:

It looks that the direct link installer is still V7.1.4 beta 4.
At least with my install now.

Using the latest version 7.1.4

I have noted the following with MMH Atmos Helper Decoder and various E-AC3 JOC 5.1+Atmos tracks (to 7.1.4, didn't test other configurations):
1. Sometimes fails decoding.
2. Sometimes fails outputting Mono WAV's, outputs a single 0kb file (while it does output Multichannel Interleaved WAV).

I can confirm that in all cases manually extracting the audio track and running python atmos_decode.py -i inputFile -c 7.1.4 does decode and generate WAVs as it should.

Also a feature suggestion is to have an option to output Multichannel Interleaved WAV (splitting them when necessary to accommodate the format).

Thank you for your great work!

New MMH Release:

Version 7.1.5 (November 21 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoder fails when channel Layout = 9.1.6 - fixed (v7.1.4 bug)
MHH Atmos Helper: Decoder fails when input file names have ’ character - fixed

Changes:
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoding to mono files: Further Output Channel file name changes
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoder adds new 'TrueHD Channel Presentation' option to change default 16 (to 8, 6 or 2)

Direct link to installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

Edit: Link now fixed (was to beta)

Last edited:
Using the latest version 7.1.4

I have noted the following with MMH Atmos Helper Decoder and various E-AC3 JOC 5.1+Atmos tracks (to 7.1.4, didn't test other configurations):
1. Sometimes fails decoding.
2. Sometimes fails outputting Mono WAV's, outputs a single 0kb file (while it does output Multichannel Interleaved WAV).

I may need a couple of test files so I can replicate this issue please. Can you PM me?

Also a feature suggestion is to have an option to output Multichannel Interleaved WAV (splitting them when necessary to accommodate the format).

This already exists if the input file is an MKV with chapters. MMH Atmos Helper will decode the MKV into a single wav the split the wav at the chapter markers.

I may need a couple of test files so I can replicate this issue please. Can you PM me?

This already exists if the input file is an MKV with chapters. MMH Atmos Helper will decode the MKV into a single wav the split the wav at the chapter markers.
Thanks I will.

Regarding splitting of audio.
Use case here is to have them in a WAV containers, as w64 are not read by many softwares, so manual splitting is then required to generate WAV's.
Chapter splitting is great but sometimes you don't want to split by chapters or they don't exist and maybe a chapter can be too long to fit in a WAV container?

I downloaded the latest MMH release (7.1.6) that includes MMH Atmos Helper (7.2.6), and I'm getting WAV Conversion Failed errors only when selecting Output Channel Layout 9.1.4 when decoding Atmos regardless of the input file. This is a screenshot of my selected parameters. The other channel layouts I've tried seem to work fine.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 141218.jpg

Back