Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first time MakeMKV is installed in runs with a trial license key automatically. No need to add a key on first use. Once the trial key expires then you need to find a new one on their forum.

T-YIPPz6Z8MFlFJkPA4YTnwcNGX5IU1AqAJdQi8akyG8m2AXqWm9sfuqXmFYScGcfDw8

If you did not find it, this is the latest registration key. It is free, and changes every month while the app is still in beta.

Of course if you wish to support development, you can buy the app.
thanks, but I just went ahead and purchased the app.

I imagine I will get a lot of use out of it as more and more titles continue to be released on blu-ray. At least, I hope they will be. :)

And it all worked simply and flawlessly. with both apps. Only problem is I have no way to tell which tracks are which. In this case, distinguishing between the remixed stereo tracks and the original 1978 mix.

Music Media Helper 7.1.0 Released

Version 7.1.0 (October 26 2023)
-------------
New:
Added new MPEG-H Audio Decoder tool - Decodes MPEG-H 3D in MP4 or M4A files to WAV (or FLAC if 8 or less channels)

Fixes:
Atmos Helper tool: MMH encoding queue items displayed 100% when additional code was not yet completed - fixed

Changes:
MMH now includes mp4box.exe (previously users needed to install open source GPAC to use mp4box)
Atmos Helper tool: Added stream selection dialog if > 1 Atmos stream in MKV file (previous version auto selected first)
Atmos Helper tool: Added Language code to Atmos Stream selection dialog

Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest 23.1.6

Direct link to installer: https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

EDIT: (28 October) I have just discovered there are missing mp4box dependencies in this version of MMH. I you are using the new MPEG-H DEcoder in MMH or creating MP4 or M4A files from the MMH Atmos tool you must also install the GPAC mp4box application in this link:

https://download.tsi.telecom-parist...gpac-2.2.1-rev0-gb34e3851-release-2.2-x64.exe

Last edited:
Also, its probable the new mixes are all in the same 'Title' (all synced on same DAW with same track lengths etc) and the old mix is in another 'Title' (with slightly different track lengths). Different track lengths = different chapter times hence different Titles.

Last edited:
OK--so next newbie question. :p

Can I use MMH to downmix 5.1 files to stereo? I'd like to do with the "The Tipping Point" bluray as there's no stereo mix on that disc.

If you have the Dolby Reference Player the MMH Atmos Helper can decode and downmix the Atmos mix to stereo
I used MakeMKV to rip the files, then used MMH to convert them to FLAC, then used the Remix Channel Layout to downmix to stereo.

This did the same thing I hope? Don’t think I’ll need to do this too often. TPP is maybe the only disc I have that doesn’t also have a stereo mix included.

The two stereo mixes would be a little different as the Atmos mixes meta data is used in the stereo remix. Which one would sound better or could you hear the difference? I don’t know.
I just want to hear all the elements so I can play it in my car. Not necessarily concern about a perfect stereo mix. The surround will almost always be my preference at home.

Hi cacho.

I don’t know of any software DTS:X decoder that I could use in MMH. A software DTS-HD decoder was reverse engineered a few years ago (by others) but nothing exists for DTS:X.

DTS:X for music is very rare and MMH was developed primarily for surround music enthusiasts.

So unfortunately (for you), I have no plans to add DTS:X encoding or decoding to MMH.

Hi HomerJAU

The truth is that I am also very interested in getting the 12 tracks of the DTS:X,
I've been looking for ways to do it for years and I didn't succed, the MMH Atmos helper is simply spectacular,
and thanks to it I've been able to do incredible things. thanks to it I have been able to do incredible things,
thanks a lot Homer... do you think there is any possibility to extract those tracks (wavs) from the dts:x?

Thanks a lot!

Music Media Helper 7.1.0 ALERT

I have just discovered there are missing mp4box dependencies in the 7.1.0 version of MMH.

I you are using the new MPEG-H Decoder in MMH or creating MP4 or M4A files from the MMH Atmos Helper tool you must also install the GPAC mp4box application in this link:

https://download.tsi.telecom-parist...gpac-2.2.1-rev0-gb34e3851-release-2.2-x64.exe

I'll add the missing dependencies to MMH in a future MMH update. Apologies.

Back