Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MediaInfo identifies all lossless 'Atmos' files as being "Meridian Lossless Packing FBA with 16-channel presentation" as well as being "MLP FBA 16-ch"....

That's just the Atmos definition. It doesn't mean the mix contains 16 channels. Its the way the channel data is encoded. "16-channel presentation" is the simplified name

That's just the Atmos definition. It doesn't mean the mix contains 16 channels. Its the way the channel data is encoded. "16-channel presentation" is the simplified name
That's the thing, though; I'm trying to figure out why the channel data is having trouble outputting the audio in a 16-channel format.

Your posted bitstream information shows:
Number Of elements: 12
Channel distribution: Disabled

That is exactly what the decoder is doing. Creating 12 channels (7.1.4) without distribution to the additional channels for a 9.1.6 decode.

Case solved.

I think I found a bug-- I'm trying to extract/convert an Atmos .mp4 file to .m4a. When I drag a .mp4 file into the "extract audio from mkv" window, it deletes my .mp4 file then gives error message that it can't find that .mp4 file. Also, it permanently deletes the file, it's totally lost.
Bug: permanently deletes .mp4 file
Question: how can I convert .mp4 to .mka?

Back