New David Gilmour record Luck and Strange Sept. 6 2024 (Atmos BluRay)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, he also said that on a recent issue of the Prog magazine.

My anticipation would've been higher if he had said it's his best since Wish You Were Here anyway 😜
I think he refers mainly to the musical aspects of it, his guitar playing, etc.
If it will or can be as popular with the public I highly doubt. I've really liked what I've heard so far but considering DSOTM is one of the most popular, biggest selling albums of all time, that would be pretty hard to equal. ;)

I think he refers mainly to the musical aspects of it, his guitar playing, etc.
If it will or can be as popular with the public I highly doubt. I've really liked what I've heard so far but considering DSOTM is one of the most popular, biggest selling albums of all time, that would be pretty hard to equal. ;)
"Best since" doesn't mean it's equal to DSOTM. I'll be happy if it's as good as either of his first 2 solo efforts.

"Best since" doesn't mean it's equal to DSOTM. I'll be happy if it's as good as either of his first 2 solo efforts.
Ah OK. I'm just happy that he regards it as being that good, period. The guitar playing on it that I've heard so far has been fabulous and that's what I want to hear, David giving it his best chops. IMHO he's been the best in the business for my "boomer generation"
YMMV

Ah OK. I'm just happy that he regards it as being that good, period. The guitar playing on it that I've heard so far has been fabulous and that's what I want to hear, David giving it his best chops. IMHO he's been the best in the business for my "boomer generation"
YMMV
Every artist says this, it's my best to date, good example iin that case is also Steven Wilson it's my best to date.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I think if it was even his best solo album then we are in for a treat. The solo album I have played the most is 'On a Island" as it being in surround gave it the extra playable for me as it did sound very good even though the songs themselves were very easy listening as a whole. The first 2 solo albums might get more playable time if they ever came out in surround and I did not care for 'Rattle that Lock' as to me it is the weakest of his solo albums. As long as the other songs on the new album are at least as good as the 3 songs they have released so far so then it could reach the #1 spot for me or if songs are weak then it would be in the middle of the pack or maybe just a notch above RTL,, we will see.

Every artist says this, it's my best to date, good example iin that case is also Steven Wilson it's my best to date.
Steven is a case all his own, he's is constantly reinventing himself and his musical styles. Some I really like, (the prog) others not so much. Many artists do this but very few are really successful at it.
The one that seemed best at that to me was David Bowie. I didn't love everything he did but I always found most of it enjoyable.
With Gilmour, like Clapton, you only need to hear the first three cords to know who it is.
All personal opinions here. ;)

No access without subscription... At least for me.

David Gilmour doesn’t fear a future as a Pink Floyd hologram

A Q&A with prog rock’s pacesetting front man, who thinks his new album, “Luck and Strange,” is his best work since “The Dark Side of the Moon.

https://wapo.st/4dT1ENx

I am a subscriber, this is the gift link.

It may be in the Post terms & conditions that to see the content shared by a subscriber, you must register for an account with your email. There is no charge for it.

If that's too much trouble, or too intrusive for someone, your loss.

A Q&A with prog rock’s pacesetting front man, who thinks his new album, “Luck and Strange,” is his best work since “The Dark Side of the Moon.

It may be in the Post terms & conditions that to see the content shared by a subscriber, you must register for an account with your email. There is no charge for it.

Ah, got it, thanks!

So THAT'S how it works. (y)

I caught the complete album in Atmos on Apple Music last night and got the BD disc today.
I want to listen to it a couple more times before I cast any judgement on it so will only say this,
Does any one else hate these cardboard slip cases as much as I do? The big issue with me is that there is NO WAY
to get the disc out of the sleeve without getting finger prints all over a brand new mint disc.
I hate these dang mieses to pieces! :mad:

I paper sleeved the Bowie and it first nicely on the side with the booklet. If this is the same way, it too shall get paper.
Even without having to fight getting the CD out like with the Bowie I leave enough fingerprints that even Inspector Clouseau can track me.

I paper sleeved the Bowie and it first nicely on the side with the booklet. If this is the same way, it too shall get paper.
Even without having to fight getting the CD out like with the Bowie I leave enough fingerprints that even Inspector Clouseau can track me.
You got to be care where you leave your prints, and now today your DNA.
Ever since this DNA business got worked out, I've been looking over my shoulder. :cautious:

Back