New songs and an album in the works from Nosound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
There will be sounds from Nosound! I've been previewing/listening to some new tracks from Nosound, and had a long call with Giancarlo this evening.

I've only heard 3 so far, the new songs are really powerful and emotive (as you'd expect), the first one really is great, it made me sit up and really listen, and you'll love the guitar on them!

Giancarlo has some ideas for the eventual album release and is going to talk to the record company about it. There will be a 5.1 mix but that will probably be as a 5.1-flac download only (as before). The record company is unlikely to go for (i.e. pay for) a physical release for the surround mix.

When? it won't be this year by the sounds of it, but there may be 'snippets' sooner rather than later to wet your aural appetite!

Giancarlo will post more later, watch this space :rocks

I remember a bunch of us chiming in for a DVDA release a few years ago, and he came through. I know he authors them himself...his software is not really DVDA authoring software in the Sonic category or even discWelder from what I remember....but static images/menu or titles is cool with me. But then the label has to front some money for pressings if you're not going with it all solo.

In any event I look forward to anything Giancarlo turns out, been a Nosound fan since before I knew who he was.

Hello Duncan and everyone! Indeed a lot of new music has been written in the last year and I'm now considering how to release it all.

Physical formats for surround are indeed tricky, as now also DVDV-A are considered almost extinct and everyone expects BDs, that are very expensive to manufacture (licensing mostly). My idea is going more around the same formula used in the past: a physical cd/vinyl with any preorder getting the surround FLACs included.

In terms of styles, after so many years I decided it was time to go back to total freedom: not wanting to move in any direction but just letting the music flow, and that resulted in an interesting mix of contemporary music writing style but also a return of some elements very much at the base of my music (guitars).

Hopefully the FLAC downloads are going to be a welcome thing for all surround fans on here like myself!

Hello Duncan and everyone! Indeed a lot of new music has been written in the last year and I'm now considering how to release it all.

Physical formats for surround are indeed tricky, as now also DVDV-A are considered almost extinct and everyone expects BDs, that are very expensive to manufacture (licensing mostly). My idea is going more around the same formula used in the past: a physical cd/vinyl with any preorder getting the surround FLACs included.

In terms of styles, after so many years I decided it was time to go back to total freedom: not wanting to move in any direction but just letting the music flow, and that resulted in an interesting mix of contemporary music writing style but also a return of some elements very much at the base of my music (guitars).

Hopefully the FLAC downloads are going to be a welcome thing for all surround fans on here like myself!

Hi Giancarlo! Glad to see you post here again. I will welcome a flac multichannel along with the CD and or vinyl. I Like vinyl too, so it would be a nice combo for me.

Back