Pink Floyd PULSE Blu-Ray out in February

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who has done the Atmos mix for the first part of the concert? Or is this release only going to be the second and third part of the concert, which would be bizarre?
I doesn't look like this release would include the Pulse portion the concert. It might make sense if was only the Dark Side portion, but to include the encores and not the first part should require some sort of explanation.

Last edited:
I saw them at RFK stadium (DC) in 1994 July 10th. I’d agree with those that think it was the most spectacular concert they ever saw. The scope of the show was tremendous. I managed to get what ethe band had designated as the best area to experience the show (basically center floor about 60 feet out from the stage).

That concert had everything and it was performed meticulously and flawlessly. With all that said, the reviews of this new release would have to perfect for me to spring for another copy of Pulse.
One of the things I remember is hearing them before the Michigan show rehearsing the full DSOTM set, which was to come. I remember thinking that I must have been hallucinating. They didn't play the full Dark Side set that night, but of course they eventually did. They obviously planned on recording it eventually but apparently there are not that many shows with the full album played.

I doesn't look like this release would include the Pulse portion the concert. It might make sense if was only the Dark Side portion, but to include the encores and not the first part should require some sort of explanation.
The explanation is that Pink floyd haven’t fully drained all of our monies yet after laying out for the cd, dvd, later years boxset and the blu ray of Pulse 🤬

It was Cyclone stadium for us in Ames Iowa. I can still remember what a spectacle it was. Especially the giant disco ball. Felt like the world was rotating around it. And the amount of people. Other have concerts sold more tickets just because they could allocate more to seating (Floyd sold every seat they could), but I've never seen more people there for a concert. We climbed up to the edge of the stadium and people were sitting on their car hoods on the side of the road as far as we could see and the parking lot of the adjacent arena was packed full. When the tickets went live it crashed the local phone system. Such an incredible concert.

And I can't wait to see what Alan does with it. He knows what it means to the fans and with his connection to the album I really think he will make sure it is as perfect as it can be.

A lifelong uber fan co-worker saw that show in Ames with wife & teenage child.
Scored good seats on the ground, but the experience was significantly degraded, as they were surrounded by obnoxious drunks standing & screaming.

Ah, stadium shows.
Too old now to put up with that nonsense.
Rather watch at home when the video comes out.

A lifelong uber fan co-worker saw that show in Ames with wife & teenage child.
Scored good seats on the ground, but the experience was significantly degraded, as they were surrounded by obnoxious drunks standing & screaming.

Ah, stadium shows.

We were stage right about halfway back and 3/4 the way up. Honestly I don't think there really was a bad seat. Luckily everyone around us was enthralled by the show and pretty chill. Some of that chill was chemically induced I'm sure, but I was a bit naive to that back then.

I agree, at this point I just watch the video in a lot of cases. Going to see ELO this fall since it's their last tour. But it kind of takes something like that to get me to fight the crowds and pay the fees.

We were at the silver dome show also. Had seen them earlier in Cleveland and wanted to see it ahain.
Saw the Cleveland show as well at the old Municipal Stadium. Sat behind the first base dugout and took it all in. Lots of fun, good crowd and a great show. Remember people being generous with their party favors, as typically occurred at stadium shows.

Reactions: GOS
IMG_7861.jpeg

On the very night, check the date.

The explanation is that Pink floyd haven’t fully drained all of our monies yet after laying out for the cd, dvd, later years boxset and the blu ray of Pulse 🤬
I didn't pop for much of that except in the cases where they included multichannel mixes that hadn't be released before. But in the case of Pulse, I'd gladly pay for a fresh BD that didn't look little better than the original VHS tape I owned. I know I'm probably asking too much but with all the new super duper technology, AI, and all that, is it really impossible to clean this stuff up, remove the grain, etc..? And I want the whole concert, not just the DSOTM portion. :mad:

Ah, stadium shows.
Ah Dave, your just gettin too old and grumpy. ;)
I still go to many concerts, at least when I can afford the tickets.
Yesterday and today, these are often once in a lifetime events that build memories never forgotten.

Ah Dave, your just gettin too old and grumpy. ;)
I still go to many concerts, at least when I can afford the tickets.
Yesterday and today, these are often once in a lifetime events that build memories never forgotten.

I go to concerts, I'm merely done with stadiums at this point.
Also less inclined to stick around long for rock shows that are mixed too loud for me to tolerate, even with -30 db industrial ear protection.

The best concert I saw last year was Dylan in a 1920s movie palace, where all phones were bagged.
One of the few artists I care to see again if I saw them 40 or 50 years ago in their prime.

Hard passes recently on Chicago, Doobies, REO Speewagon, X...
Saw them when they were in their prime, the permanent memories remain unsullied. 🍏 ☮️

Last edited:
My last big concert was Queen + Adam Lambert. OK I saw the Magic tour with Freddie but that was a long time ago, and Queen + AL put on a great show if you want a "play the hits" setlist.

My last big concert was Queen + Adam Lambert. OK I saw the Magic tour with Freddie but that was a long time ago, and Queen + AL put on a great show if you want a "play the hits" setlist.
Queen are my all time favourite band but as far as i’m concerned the band died with Freddie, I wouldn’t go and see them now if it was free 😳

Queen are my all time favourite band but as far as i’m concerned the band died with Freddie, I wouldn’t go and see them now if it was free 😳
LOL…
I pretty much feel that way about all the bands I loved that have lost most of their original members and are still touring.

I had to grab the tickets for Chicago in Tampa next month.
They're playing with Earth Wind and Fire again and I almost passed, but whether I check out or they do, this will probably be my last chance to see them. Really looking forward to this one.
I saw Chicago with Brian Wilson last summer. They were great. Brian Wilson, not so much. I'm not sure if he even knew where he was. It was rather sad.

Back