Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard ordering is actually July 26th... Not sure when shipping is.

If you want to check out how Bette approximately will sound... forget YouTube This album is in high-res on Qobuz (24/96)... not sure about the rest...
If you're talking about fidelity on the Midler title, just take my word. It's simply top shelf audio. If you're talking about content, well, everyone will have to make their own conclusions. :hi

I believe we can safely assume that Rhino's QUADIO BATCH #5 are ALL KNOCK OUTS!
Yep, one just has to like the various styles of music being offered. I have no problem with any of them.

Bread were my favorite band when I was 11, just before the Eagles first album came out which I thought was great. But then I got heavy into Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Zeppelin, and Sabbath, and I was not the same little kid after that. But I still liked pop and R&B during the wild out-of-control teenage rebellion years.

The Bette Quadio sounds incredible, I can assure you. Trust me on this
That piano on "Friends" just skips long with so much joy! Love it. I often walk around with in in my head. But there is an (sad?) undercurrent about her friends that "someone came and took them away" - so there retains a bit of depth here, and not just naïve optimism the singers are going on about. This album is fairly deep emotionally.

Last edited:
People talking about the AF release of the Best of Bread. I can tell you the quality of the upcoming Quadio is going to sound noticeably better...but that will also be one of the first times we're able to make a quad to quad comparison on several of the tracks (Baby, Diary...and even some of the edgier ones).

People talking about the AF release of the Best of Bread. I can tell you the quality of the upcoming Quadio is going to sound noticeably better...but that will also be one of the first times we're able to make a quad to quad comparison on several of the tracks (Baby, Diary...and even some of the edgier ones).
Why do you think this is? Better mastering on the Quadio BR or other reason?

Well the mastering will be almost 10 years newer... but Hoffman mastered the last one and I think Rhinos remastering guru Bill Inglot was involved in the AF release as well so definitely production royalty there. So it may be just a Blu-ray transfer of the SACD mix...because a lot more people now have the latter player than the former.

However, that said, I don't think the original AF one was in 24/192 as up until these I have really only seen anything other than stereo be 24/96. I'm sure the reviewers will instantly compare the two and we'll find out soon enough.

Well the mastering will be almost 10 years newer... but Hoffman mastered the last one and I think Rhinos remastering guru Bill Inglot was involved in the AF release as well so definitely production royalty there. So it may be just a Blu-ray transfer of the SACD mix...because a lot more people now have the latter player than the former.

However, that said, I don't think the original AF one was in 24/192 as up until these I have really only seen anything other than stereo be 24/96. I'm sure the reviewers will instantly compare the two and we'll find out soon enough.
Sounds like a lot of speculation there - and then you backtrack.

I’ve already covered this subject in a previous post in this thread btw.

Last edited:
For us West-Coasters it's previously been 9pm the Thursday night before - so 7/25. It's not really a pre-order, it's a real order page.
We'll see if they open the doors a few hours early again.

It is only 9 - 10 days away now.
Thanks, I guess I'll get all four, though I'm not as excited by this batch as I have been previously. I have them all, so I'll keep going with the series.

Thanks, I guess I'll get all four, though I'm not as excited by this batch as I have been previously. I have them all, so I'll keep going with the series.
This is often the case with many folks just wanting a couple of them. And it’s not always the same two that are more popular. Then there are the quadiophiles who buy them all.

It’s a lot easier for us in the US to drop them all into our cart and be done with it than it is for those overseas buyers. What with bundle prices, discount codes and shipping write-off it makes for a quick and painless couple of clicks.

The Bette Quadio sounds incredible, I can assure you. Trust me on this
The only other album I can think of that has a slight resemblance to the Miss M album is the “Now and Then” album from the Carpenters, the side with the early rock ‘n roll covers where they rip through the oldies hits with utmost finesse. That kind of adrenaline rush when it works well, and then the pace slows down to a beautiful ballad. They have some similarities.

Back