Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be buying all four (4) titles at the time of release although I can say that these are titles that I would NEVER have bought or buy as non-QUADIO releases. What I AM excited about is hearing/experiencing these titles in their "quadraphonic" totality. I have heard them and their "singles" in various degrees of fidelity (mostly top 40 AM radio) since their 1st release but NEVER have I experienced them in their original 50+ year old quadrophonic mixes! I expect to be pleasantly surprised just like I have been with some of the other artists and QUADIO/QUAD releases that I have been reacquainted with through this series. IMO, this is as close as we'll ever get to the feeling/experience many of us had growing up in the 70's and walking into a record store that sold (and played!) a broad spectrum of music and music genres other than the newest releases or that found perennially on the Billboard Top 100. PLEASE, "Keep em' comin" RHINO!

Rhino’s diversity of the quadio series continues with this latest batch. There’s something for everyone yet again.As a completist and a big supporter of these treasured reissues I will be buying all four and try to expand my musical horizons.
The dream quadio reissue series continues.
Thank you yet again Steve and team at Rhino for all your continued efforts.
Cheers to the next batch!

Farmer Mike, this latest batch of Quadios from the RHINO will be like a reinforced jock strap to bolster your spirits...guaranteed!

Sorry your team was defeated!
We were beaten by the better team Ralphie.
Spain we're always the team to beat, throughout the tournament.

And as for Buster Gonad :D
He's a character from a comic called 'Viz' Tricky to fit a jock strap on him .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster_Gonad

Is it too much to ask that just ONCE, one of these QUADIO bundles would have one or two discs, I didn't absolutely, positively need? For the sake of my wallet! Well....there's always Atmos #2 ;) Seriously, Top Notch selection and very keen on all four! So appreciate all that Rhino1 and Rhino2 do for us (and the way they do it too)

Midler's take on "Superstar" is soulful and dreamy. Absolutely beautiful. But if one does not like her then that is that.
The version that made the album is perfect. A version is on the expanded reissue that pushes the sexuality a bit too much IMO. The right version was chosen for the original album.

Looking forward to these tremendously.

Last edited:
Is it too much to ask that just ONCE, one of these QUADIO bundles would have one or two discs, I didn't absolutely, positively need? For the sake of my wallet! Well....there's always Atmos #2 ;) Seriously, Top Notch selection and very keen on all four! So appreciate all that Rhino1 and Rhino2 do for us (and the way they do it too)
Agree, some of us are in pretty deep and must have all of these Quadio releases at this point. But really there has not been any of them that I just didn't like.
That 1971-1976 period in pop music was pretty f'in great, and makes the Quadio releases a lot easier to say yes to. Quad mixes are fun, the music of the period was hot, and the BR format delivers so nicely. And they really don't break the bank.
What's not to like?

Btw, if we did not get to welcome you here yet, welcome to QQ the center of the surround universe. What are your fave Quadio releases thus far?

(edited) this is as close as we'll ever get to the feeling/experience many of us had growing up in the 70's and walking into a record store that sold (and played!) a broad spectrum of music and music genres other than the newest releases or that found perennially on the Billboard Top 100. PLEASE, "Keep em' comin" RHINO!
I remember in the summer of '75 I was in Odyssey Records in Las Vegas on the strip and they had a quad section of LPs that was the most extensive I had seen anywhere or would ever see again. I saw Machine Head and Paranoid CD-4s, and some Chicago albums that I didn't yet know had been mixed into quad. It was so exciting. And there were a ton of new albums out in stereo which I was dying to hear like Wings V&M, Todd, Zappa, Edgar's Jasmine Nightdreams, Elton, Eagles, etc. I bought Toys in the Attic, Dressed To Kill, and Hotter Than Hell LPs and I was completely tapped out for the summer. And I was heading over to see Yes in concert perform the "Relayer" album. Quad was just so close but yet so out of reach. I wanted so bad to hear it, and I was denied. So now I feel it is my god given right to own and soak up all of these 4-channel wonders finally.

Oh and I saw KISS in that summer of '75 too! Rush were the opening act.

Last edited:
I remember in the summer of '75 I was in Odyssey Records in Las Vegas on the strip and they had a quad section of LPs that was the most extensive I had seen anywhere or would ever see again. I saw Machine Head and Paranoid CD-4s, and some Chicago albums that I didn't yet know had been mixed into quad. It was so exciting. And there were a ton of new albums out in stereo which I was dying to hear like Wings V&M, Todd, Zappa, Edgar's Jasmine Nightdreams, Elton, Eagles, etc. I bought Toys in the Attic, Dressed To Kill, and Hotter Than Hell LPs and I was completely tapped out for the summer. And I was heading over to see Yes in concert perform the "Relayer" album. Quad was just so close but yet so out of reach. I wanted so bad to hear it, and I was denied. So now I feel it is my god given right to own and soak up all of these 4-channel wonders finally.

Oh and I saw KISS in that summer of '75 too! Rush were the opening act.
And here we are almost fifty years later and looking over the very current forum posts we have Lennon and Zappa in ATMOS/5.1, Hendrix in 5.1, Billy Joel in QUAD, 4 new Quadio titles from RHINO with four upcoming newly remixed ATMOS titles and it's only mid July with many many more titles announced! Not to mention Rhino's very recent Deep Purple Machine Head [ATMOS] and Yes' YES album and FRAGILE newly remixed into ATMOS by Mr Steve Wilson!

And it was just a scant few years ago we ALL complained things were dire!

Now, if we could only convince Mr Plant and Mr Page
Photo of Jimmy PAGE and PAGE & PLANT and Robert PLANT and ...
that their first four or five core albums are in desperate need of an ATMOS 'spritzer,' all would be copacetic in the wonderful world of Operation QQ Forum Nirvana Initiative!

We've come a LONG LONG WAY 👼 BABY!

Last edited:
Well then four more that I do not currently own in any format so I guess I'll be continuing my completist collection (right now, the only "quadios" I do not have are the original CTA and Aretha Franklin DVDs... yes I bought the Chicago and Doobies boxes after they were discontinued, that kind of hurt)

Edit: I quite possibly could have missed it, but do we know the release date? I would like to set a reminder so I can order early just like I did most of the others.

Last edited:
Agree, some of us are in pretty deep and must have all of these Quadio releases at this point. But really there has not been any of them that I just didn't like.
That 1971-1976 period in pop music was pretty f'in great, and makes the Quadio releases a lot easier to say yes to. Quad mixes are fun, the music of the period was hot, and the BR format delivers so nicely. And they really don't break the bank.
What's not to like?

Btw, if we did not get to welcome you here yet, welcome to QQ the center of the surround universe. What are your fave Quadio releases thus far?
The Chicago Quadio discs still blow me away with the sheer amount of quality ambitious music highlighted by the quad mixes (and never have all those glorious hirns and voices sounded better) Of late "Paranoid" and "Sundown" are my showoff quad discs. Folks who are skeptical of the format are amazed when I play them those discs. The sabbath rocks and Lightfoot feels like he and his band are in the room with you. Biggest surprise to me was the "Killing Me Softly" quad. The quad shows off such amazing playing and arrangements (the depth and clarity in that mix and mastering is sublime) supporting that amazing voice. Always loved the song but I never appreciated the genius of the album until i heard the quadio. Seriously, I think I would buy an Eagles quad box even, if this is the quality we keep getting.

These are all great discs, and honestly not titles most would run out and buy these days, but to hear the original quad mixes is something you do not want to miss. As said earlier, the Bread disc is almost a greatest hits title. The Duke Ellington is a gem that got little fanfare back in the quad era but it's a treasure to listen to now that (many of us) are older and we appreciate more the beautiful music that predates us. The GCS is a flat out quad spectacular and even if you've never heard a track it's a title that you just might find you ending up going back to time and time again.

As for Bette, well, it was never one of my favs. I mean, of course I knew Bugle Boy, but in the '70s it didn't get many plays by me. But then I heard a really nice conversion from a reel, and the torch song "Am I Blue" just blew me out of my socks! The piano (Manilow) and the vocal, and the production, to me, makes this album a must. The quad mix is perfection on this tune and the rest of the album.

These are not 4 titles that would leap off the shelves as CDs in the present day (how many would?), but I am telling you, these are incredible quads. You know you want them. And as I usually say with regard to all Quadios - if you can afford them, BUY THEM.

It is incredible that these old mixes are available to us in this manner, format, and quality. Thanks again to Steve and the Quadio folks. You continue to astonish us with 4 channel music we would have never expected to hear again if you asked us back in the '80s or '90s.

Back