Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe we'll get lucky and get this one for a little Warner Bros. Party and Larry's thumpin' Bass 🥳

I used the Youtube link and played it thru my Polk soundbar and even that was impressive, So I looked to see if I could get that song thru Apple Music. Went outside and sat in my car, 12 channel w/20 speaker factory audio, and Holy Cow that was kick A$$!!!! :D

I am really excited about the Bread release. Awesome!
That is a huge album for this group. Once you get four hit singles on an album you are in a very rare special place with the record buying public and marketplace, and radio. There is another reason to (must) own this Quadio title I'll mention maybe in a bit.

For those that liked the "Mingus Moves" album in quad for the wonderful sound quality, and the very cool quad instrumental layout/separation, "New Orleans Suite" was also mixed in quad by Ilhan Mimaroglu.

This is another hot scorcher of a jazz album.

Oh, Iam in for all 4, supporting Rhinos Quadio program.....

I'll probably use Bette to keep my kitchen table from wobbling 😂😂

Just kidding.......
Make NO mistake! The Divine Miss M is a mini masterpiece from start to finish. With Barry Manilow on keyboards [and arranger] and Melissa Manchester as a 'back~up singer,' this album has plenty of raunch ... and soul. Her rendition of John Prine's poignant "Hello In There" is EXQUISITE!

Last edited:
That is a huge album for this group. Once you get four hit singles on an album you are in a very rare special place with the record buying public and marketplace, and radio. There is another reason to (must) own this Quadio title I'll mention maybe in a bit.

I'd like to know the reason because we already have four songs on the Best Of quad. So this one is not on my radar as of now.

Make NO mistake! The Divine Miss M is a mini masterpiece from start to finish. With Barry Manilow on keyboards [and arranger] and Melissa Manchester as a 'back~up singer,' this album has plenty of raunch ... and soul. Her rendition of John Prine's glorious "Hello In There" is EXQUISITE!

I had an old g/f that loved Bette and played it over and over and over thru out our 12 yr relationship. I think even the Pope would get sick of Miss M after all that .........
Maybe I'll play it and look for an old pic of her to rip up;) THAT would make me like it alittle

I had an old g/f that loved Bette and played it over and over and over thru out our 12 yr relationship. I think even the Pope would get sick of Miss M after all that .........
Maybe I'll play it and look for an old pic of her to rip up;) THAT would make me like it alittle
I think you'll find the 192/24 BD~A QUAD revelatory...great four corner QUAD.

Fold up the old pic of your girlfriend into tiny squares and put that under your wobbly table ....LOL!

I'd like to know the reason because we already have four songs on the Best Of quad. So this one is not on my radar as of now.
ok then. Here's the deal. When the "Best of Bread" quad reel was assembled. I strongly suspect each song from Baby I'm a Want You quad master was dubbed onto another tape (a copy), and that "copy" tape was spliced into a reel with the other "hit" tracks for a quad "Best of" album. Getting the "Baby I'm a Want You" album in it's Quadio release is more than likely going to result in a lower generation master tape for the four hit songs. In other words, the sound quality here in Rhino's quad master is going to be an improvement over The Best of Bread Audio Fidelity SACD. The improved clarity should be noticeable to most listeners.

ok then. Here's the deal. When the "Best of Bread" quad reel was assembled. I strongly suspect each song from Baby I'm a Want You quad master was dubbed onto another tape (a copy), and that "copy" tape was spliced into a reel with the other "hit" tracks for a quad "Best of" album. Getting the "Baby I'm a Want You" album in its Quadio release is more than likely going to result in a lower generation master tape for the four hit songs. In other words, the sound quality here in Rhino's quad master is going to be an improvement over The Best of Bread Audio Fidelity SACD. The improved clarity should be noticeable to most listeners.
I know Hoffman has searched out original mixdown masters when reissuing compilations in the past, so it's possible that the Baby I'm-A Want You tracks were sourced from first generation.

I know Hoffman has searched out original mixdown masters when reissuing compilations in the past, so it's possible that the Baby I'm-A Want You tracks were sourced from first generation.
Sometimes an album master tape is cut up and the songs removed, spliced into the compilation reel, and a greatest hit comp is then cut from that assembly resulting in no generational loss whatsoever.

Hearing the new Quadio release I suspect it's a gen lower than the AF issue of the hits material, or the mastering is simply better.

Last edited:
Very nice set of Jazz, Funk, Soft Rock and Miss M. I listened to the latter, but other than a couple tunes, like Daytime Hustler, not very into it. Don’t think I’d listen to it much, a little too Broadway-ish for my tastes. I‘ve purchased all the sets so far. But like the SDE series, may have to skip one this time. Looking forward to the other 3 though, especially the Ellington and Graham! Thanks 🦏!

The Duke Ellington is one I'm really looking forward to, my father was a huge Duke Ellington fan so I grew up with his music, I've always loved Bread so that is another plus for me. As I've grown older I like more and more Soul (used to be just the Isley's, Smokey Robinson and a couple of others) so I'll definitely get Graham Central Station. The one I'm not sure about is the Bette Midler, it seems like its a great mix from what people have said, I'm not so certain the music is my 'cup-of-tea', but if they're all bundled again I'll get it.

Last edited:
Back