Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to grow it about every 3 years. On this sand hill I live on, the ground is very poor and I would have to till in a bunch of fertilizer.
Net result: good corn and depleted soil. But man, walking out to the garden and picking fresh corn is so good.
The old tiller gets no love these days. It was bought in 1982 from Western Auto by a friend...we traded her a small camper for it many years ago.
Was well worth the trade. But the old garden gets no love now. Container gardening close to the house is all I can do.
and glad to see you still doing so Boonie - regardless of containers. Yer making me reminisce- the 70s - I grew up on a farm. Sweet corn was our forte. We grew about an acre of sweet corn every year. Had the AM transistor radios tuned to WLS out of Chicago to keep out the 'coons during the night.
And we were legends in our quality

and glad to see you still doing so Boonie - regardless of containers. Yer making me reminisce- the 70s - I grew up on a farm. Sweet corn was our forte. We grew about an acre of sweet corn every year. Had the AM transistor radios tuned to WLS out of Chicago to keep out the 'coons during the night.
And we were legends in our quality
And I betcha the farm hands used to call you Curly 🌽🌽🌽

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Oklahoma! | My way, Feelings and Musicals

AW, SHUCKS, MARY!

Actually, Im not quite sure how I am going to accessorize the barn. Im prolly going to wait til the project is done. Learn to breathe again, see if there is any money left - and then I’ll tackle. The one thing that is perplexing me - I want to show a lot of the physical media that I own on one wall - kind of like when you walk in to a record store. But what I want to show are the many box sets that I have. How do I do this ? Slatwall ? Any suggestions ? And some of those sets are big and heavy - i.e Rush Hemispheres ( S Wilson ) etc. Any thoughts or suggestions ?
In record stores, I have seen slatwall with a horizontal lip at the bottom to hold boxes in place. Could also go with a display case built into the wall, like a better version of a magazine rack with some depth. Also have seen wall holders with rubberized side frames that allow a box to be slipped in or pushed in.

Last edited:
But what I want to show are the many box sets that I have. How do I do this ? Slatwall ? Any suggestions ? And some of those sets are big and heavy - i.e Rush Hemispheres ( S Wilson ) etc. Any thoughts or suggestions ?

It can out of control quickly. I rarely listen to the bonus CD material or look at the books and other paraphernalia. So I'm going to continue doing early next year is glean the DVDs and Blu-rays from many of the box sets and sell off the remainder. Now, if I could only have this kind of discipline with my choo choos, which are really totally f'n out of control.

An update - sorta
The barn walls are now fully insulated. Drywall gets stocked on Monday and starts to get hung on Thursday. And next week Thursday or Friday I should - FINALLY !! - have electricity !!!
Today was a low key day for me and Mrs Cbmmm3. We sat on the barn porch and watched a helicopter crop duster spray the local farms. My God - the growing season up here has been perfect ---corn is 8 foot high already !! Beans are big and full - winter wheat harvest is on going and results are amazing. Its a good year to be a farmer up here ! Seeing lots of new equipment in the fields........
Big decision point! Are you SURE you have every wire you need or conduit in those walls before you drywall? And you might think of lining the walls with 1/2 inch plywood before you drywall, both for extra mass, and to allow you to fasten anything anywhere on any wall securely. Also, glued to studs and securely nailed, turns walls into "shear walls" for earthquake and hurricane resistance.

About anywhere in the US can get very nasty weather. But my place survived a CAT 3 hurricane and I guaran damn tee Ricky's barn is better built.
But then again, can Ricko's barn survive 10 [count 'em] high powered Amps and 4 subwoofers?

And his talking refrigerator, V~GER?

V~GER: "How can you expect me to effectively make ice with this ungodly racket?"

Last edited:
About anywhere in the US can get very nasty weather. But my place survived a CAT 3 hurricane and I guaran damn tee Ricky's barn is better built.
But then again, can Ricko's barn survive 10 [count 'em] high powered Amps and 4 subwoofers?

And his talking refrigerator, V~GER?

V~GER: How can you expect me to effectively make ice with this ungodly racket?

We haven't gotten any retorts from Ricky since 10 pm last night. Perhaps he is ignoring us? (I would. :ROFLMAO: )

We haven't gotten any retorts from Ricky since 10 pm last night. Perhaps he is ignoring us? (I would. :ROFLMAO: )
I suspect he's at his new property surveying the progress and will report back tomorrow!

Or shucking corn!

Or, crafting a sign for the fearsome Godzilla: Stay the hell off my lawn! 🦖 🈲 *

* means 'prohibited' in Japanese

Last edited:
It wasn't a hurricane was it? Just a winter storm.

I've heard the worst lake for storms is actually Lake Erie because of its shallowness.
worst storms are on Lake Superior due to its expanse - winds of 80 to 100 knots and 20 foot waves are common in the Gales of November

RickyBarn is 20 miles inland from Lake Michigan. What scares me the most are the derechos and tornados.
I anchored the shit out of the joint with these

simpsonhd.jpg

Back