Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait a minute !!!!!! Is that Flounder at the 2 minute mark of the Canned Heat vid ????????????
R.c58e24e08882fd39bd9b59265a232270

No, Rick~0 ........maybe it was BOOGER from Revenge of the Nerds!

I was traveling in Germany and passed by a field in the Wurzburg region that was being fertilized with liquified manure (probably growing sugar beets I was told) and it was a horrible smell. But I suppose it's the same wherever you find it.
When I worked for Mobil Chemical, we were doing (phosphate) prospect drilling on a dairy once and had to wade in the runoff stream from the dairy, I guess where they hosed everything out. I was glad to finish that area!
My grandpa had a business pumping out septic tanks. At the end of the day, he’d take the truck to a farmer’s field and drive across it with the drain open.

Shitty job, literally.

I was with him one summer (1957, give or take one), and one day he got a job to shovel out an outhouse. Shovels and buckets, climbing up the truck to dump them in the top of the tank. Very nice outhouse, though. Indoor plumbing was not universal in Bowling Green, Ohio back then.

Ricky Barn shit here--

The drywall is hung. My AV supplier is dropping the ball. Paid for the 2 in wall subs over 2 months ago. Still not installed. Been warning them of schedule.
The extra costs for their toe stub will be on them. No if and or buts
Wowsa. I've never seen any in wall subs. So is like a whole sub cabinet fitted in or is there a built in compartment with the woofer and all, and how do you access the crossover and volume? I mean I could guess at it but details for this old country boy would be nice. :)

Wowsa. I've never seen any in wall subs. So is like a whole sub cabinet fitted in or is there a built in compartment with the woofer and all, and how do you access the crossover and volume? I mean I could guess at it but details for this old country boy would be nice. :)
here you go Boonie. BTW - these pups are made in yer neck o the woods

My grandpa had a business pumping out septic tanks. At the end of the day, he’d take the truck to a farmer’s field and drive across it with the drain open.

Shitty job, literally.

I was with him one summer (1957, give or take one), and one day he got a job to shovel out an outhouse. Shovels and buckets, climbing up the truck to dump them in the top of the tank. Very nice outhouse, though. Indoor plumbing was not universal in Bowling Green, Ohio back then.
Lordy. I've never heard of shoveling out an outhouse. Back in the 50's/60's an older cousin in Alabama had a home that looked like it was made from scrap wood, from the outside. Inside it was a marvelous mix of nice wood on floors, walls, and ceilings and very nice. They had plumbing but no indoor toilet, so of course they had an outhouse. Practice was to just dig a hole and move the outhouse when the old hole filled up, like a lot of people still do living off the grid I suppose.
Anyway I had to spend a night there once for now obscure reasons, and after dinner had to use the facilities. They handed me a flashlight and directed me to the back door.

Lordy. I've never heard of shoveling out an outhouse. Back in the 50's/60's an older cousin in Alabama had a home that looked like it was made from scrap wood, from the outside. Inside it was a marvelous mix of nice wood on floors, walls, and ceilings and very nice. They had plumbing but no indoor toilet, so of course they had an outhouse. Practice was to just dig a hole and move the outhouse when the old hole filled up, like a lot of people still do living off the grid I suppose.
Anyway I had to spend a night there once for now obscure reasons, and after dinner had to use the facilities. They handed me a flashlight and directed me to the back door.
why - in my head - do I hear banjos playing ?

Well, this was a long time ago, and I’m the only one still alive from the event, but IIRC, this was an area that looked a lot like a suburban neighborhood, with housed every 100’ or so down the street, with back yards and all that. The outhouse was in the back yard, and looked like it had been built to similar standards as the house. Even painted and trimmed to match. So not likely that they could just up and move it to a new hole in the ground. That might work if you had acreage, but not in that case.

I’ve been in enough rural areas that I lived on a farm that had a hand-crank telephone. Damn, I’m old.

Well, this was a long time ago, and I’m the only one still alive from the event, but IIRC, this was an area that looked a lot like a suburban neighborhood, with housed every 100’ or so down the street, with back yards and all that. The outhouse was in the back yard, and looked like it had been built to similar standards as the house. Even painted and trimmed to match. So not likely that they could just up and move it to a new hole in the ground. That might work if you had acreage, but not in that case.

I’ve been in enough rural areas that I lived on a farm that had a hand-crank telephone. Damn, I’m old.
I hear ya. We're close enough to the same age that a lot of my memories and experiences are similar.

Well that is pretty cool. I've heard of JL but didn't remember they made subs like that.
so - given what you see, there are two really big open cavities in my rear walls at the moment due to AV guys dropping the ball. Once these subs are installed the drywaller will have to come back and cover the cavities and do some mud work

Back