Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost posted the results last night for you! I was watching through Game Day (graphics and stats only). The Dogs battled back from a 6-1 deficit. KC won with a walk-off in the bottom of the 9th. Great game! My wife and i attended a dozen Dogs games this year. I could tell you stories! Mad LOVE to the Monarchs!

Posting this mainly for the interest of music/baseball fanatic @Clement . Hey I've never heard of the Chicago Dogs but how can ya not love a team with a name like that.

https://www.kshb.com/sports/kansas-...win-3rd-american-association-title-in-5-years

my favorite is 2 hours north of me in Traverse City

tc pitspit.jpg

You know I see people complain about the quality of mixes or transfer of things on SACD or Blu-ray and I think that we have it good, relatively speaking, because if you take a look at 95% of the Indian films on DVD and Blu-ray and Indian music on CD you're just glad you can see people's faces and hear people speak...😭
I feel like I should clarify on this.

Indian DVDs, on average, until the 2010s (that's right, over 10 years after they were introduced on the market there) were absolutely HORRENDOUS. The average experience was a pan-and-scanned image, letterboxed, with either 5.1 audio haphazardly downmixed to stereo or even mono, or for the films that weren't originally in 5.1, upmixing with no option for the original track. Sub-standard image quality to boot. Film companies had all the resources, they just didn't care. Oh, and my god, the goddamn watermarks.

By the time Blu-ray hit the market (2008 or 2009), a completely different set of issues occurred. We had films in proper aspect ratios and 1:1 transfers of audio tracks, but now we had aggressive grain and detail scrubbing, wrong color space encodes, and, oddly enough, broken subtitles, which wasn't an issue on DVD! However, Blu-ray was much quicker to course correct, and there are a significant amount of Blu-rays I can count actually being the best versions. Some bad Blu-ray Discs were actually authored straight from the DCP, and apparently the original master looked that way, and other good Blu-ray Discs were authored from D-5 Tapes out of all the things! Oh we still had those stupid watermarks on Blu-ray.

Indian CDs actually used to have pretty good sound quality, but since the early 2000s, ALL of them have been subject to heavy brickwalling and poor mastering.

The point is all moot anyhow, because physical media for Indian media in India died altogether in 2019-2020, and I think there's extremely few releases trickling out anymore. Not that there are any good films trickling out either.

Last edited:
https://shop.thechicagodogs.com/
I just might have to get one of their hats given that I am follicle challenged.

Every spring I get the urge to order ball caps for the Nippon Ham Fighters or Han Shin Tigers. But of course I never get around to it. :rolleyes:

I kinda like the ketchup/mustard squeeze plushies for the Dogs!

Back