Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having a small wildlife pond built (7m x 2.5m x about 0.5m deep average) already found this Newt trying to move in before it was finished! Its either a female Palmate or Smooth Newt, probably looking for somewhere to over winter.

NEWT-1.jpg
NEWT-5.jpg

My wife uses leaves for mulch, so I blow and bag them. She also has a handful of semi-tropical plants in pots that need to be moved indoors and under loghts. We’ve been tweaking the system for a few years, including getting an “accessible” threshold for the back door of the garage so we can roll the barrel cactus in.

We have a rain barrel that I drain, too. Last year, it froze then overflowed on to the walkway making it treacherous to walk past it. Now there’s a short hose going from it out to the yard that might be a minor hazard in itself.
I've just ordered a 650litre water tank to catch the rainwater which I think I'll need to top up my pond in the summer months. You've just made me think I'd better be careful, if that freezes, overflows, or splits and freezes on my patio - it will be an ice rink!

Last edited:
Until this morning I had no idea Kiss the band ever had a feature film starring them:

https://www.loudersound.com/features/how-kiss-meets-the-phantom-of-the-park
Has anyone else heard of or watched this movie? Of course it got my curiosity up & I started to poke around looking for it to watch tonight. Bits and pieces of it on YT is all I found. And after seeing the trailer I also must say my curiosoity is satisfied enough:

There are actually two slightly different cuts of the film, but I don't remember the differences at the moment. Mrcond is right - It is cheesy and the band hated it but it is one of those 'so bad, it's good'-type of movies. There is one scene where another actor plays Ace because he wasn't available when they wanted to shoot it.

I thought of a great use for artificial intelligence audio technology. Sony tested it to try to create a Beatles-type song and Giles used it on the Beatles re-releases to create new stereo mixes.

How about using AI to re-do the Yellow Submarine movie using (or re-creating) the actors voices to actually sound like John, Paul, George & Ringo? I remember when went I went to see the movie when it was first released and immediately noticed that the 'real' Beatles were not speaking the characters' voices. (Just like the cartoon series.) That spoiled the whole experience for me (and still does). Teaching AI the Beatles' voices would be relatively easy.

Wouldn't that be cool?

it was far worse a half hour NW from West Car - Halloween was cancelled !!!!

Over 35,000 customers without power in Muskegon, Ottawa Counties due to snow, winds​

Consumers energy crews are working to restore power to Muskegon and Ottawa Counties. Trick-or-treating was called off for Muskegon, North Muskegon and Montague.

Back