Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because of comments on the forum a few years ago, I bought this CD. I love it perfect antidote to all the mainstream crap. However last year I went to look for it & couldn't find it. I searched again this year with no results. It's somewhere, not discarded, I just don't know where. Bah Humbug!

And yes I know someone's gonna say that's why I should rip to my HDD. Then it becomes a mater of: now where did I put that damn WD Passport drive?
lol. Between 2 pc's I have at least 21 drives. (intentional duplication). Oh, and I have a separate external drive for a "DD out essentials" in case of weather demands.
Still don't need need no stinkin' playlists. My memory recall is just...oh, well, forgot what I was going to say.

Steam Winter Sales came in clutch and now I got that Miku Fever.
(Translation from Zoomer to Boomer: Steam is a video game purchasing platform. Hatsune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+ is a rhythm game featuring the titular character. The game is normally 60 USD but currently it is 16 USD due to the annual Steam Winter Sale. The game is sadly one of those rare recent games that is stereo-only, likely due to restrictions with the licensed songs used in the game.)
1703638597465.png

Steam Winter Sales came in clutch and now I got that Miku Fever.
(Translation from Zoomer to Boomer: Steam is a video game purchasing platform. Hatsune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+ is a rhythm game featuring the titular character. The game is normally 60 USD but currently it is 16 USD due to the annual Steam Winter Sale. The game is sadly one of those rare recent games that is stereo-only, likely due to restrictions with the licensed songs used in the game.)
View attachment 99690
Boomer to Zoomer: I have a Steam account. lol.

Well not a game player actually. I got a bunch of games over the years buying graphics cards. But mainly I keep it to update 3DMark.
So, @Mr. Afternoon an explanation. True, I never got much into gaming, but 3DMark was/is one of the good apps to see your video cards capabilities.
I've been building my own custom pc's for many years, including buying motherboards, DRAM and cpu's and overclocking the snot out of them, and I sold them in several countries, as well as various pc parts, especially watercooling fittings. My seller rating on overclock.net is good with never any complaints.

These days the AI programs pretty much do all the cpu overclocking for you.

See, back in the day I used to run 2 or 3 graphics cards and overclock them and try to get as high a score in the same class of cards.
My watercooled triple HD7950's e.g., these days would be almost matched by a tiny Nvidia card that powers entirely off the Pcie slot. Same with double 390x cards I had.
Eventually overclocking and selling became a non-business because it's mostly all done for you these days in firmware. Was fun while it lasted, and while I never made any profit, it covered enough costs for me to upgrade to the newest class of Intel cpu's and motherboards each cycle for years.

I didn't actually buy all new parts, i.e. a case, power supply, etc because my two workhorses over a long period of time have been a Case Labs Merlin all aluminum case and a NZXT Switch 810 "tower" case, both with SeaSonic 1000w Platinum power supplies (both recently upgraded).

Games don't hold any attraction for me, just like sitting in front of a TV all day watching the same mundane stuff. I know many are gamers and that's fine! I just have too many other interests that I can barely keep up with.

BTW, I do all my own wiring, custom, and sleeve it. I cut the wires, crimp the terminals, sleeve the wires in a color of my choice, have been for years. Just another time consuming hobby. lol.

So, @Mr. Afternoon an explanation. True, I never got much into gaming, but 3DMark was/is one of the good apps to see your video cards capabilities.
I've been building my own custom pc's for many years, including buying motherboards, DRAM and cpu's and overclocking the snot out of them, and I sold them in several countries, as well as various pc parts, especially watercooling fittings. My seller rating on overclock.net is good with never any complaints.

These days the AI programs pretty much do all the cpu overclocking for you.

See, back in the day I used to run 2 or 3 graphics cards and overclock them and try to get as high a score in the same class of cards.
My watercooled triple HD7950's e.g., these days would be almost matched by a tiny Nvidia card that powers entirely off the Pcie slot. Same with double 390x cards I had.
Eventually overclocking and selling became a non-business because it's mostly all done for you these days in firmware. Was fun while it lasted, and while I never made any profit, it covered enough costs for me to upgrade to the newest class of Intel cpu's and motherboards each cycle for years.

I didn't actually buy all new parts, i.e. a case, power supply, etc because my two workhorses over a long period of time have been a Case Labs Merlin all aluminum case and a NZXT Switch 810 "tower" case, both with SeaSonic 1000w Platinum power supplies (both recently upgraded).

Games don't hold any attraction for me, just like sitting in front of a TV all day watching the same mundane stuff. I know many are gamers and that's fine! I just have too many other interests that I can barely keep up with.

BTW, I do all my own wiring, custom, and sleeve it. I cut the wires, crimp the terminals, sleeve the wires in a color of my choice, have been for years. Just another time consuming hobby. lol.
Ah! I remember attempting to overclock some graphics cards in the past...never got too much extra performance out of them. I only got into PC Gaming fairly recently, I was exclusively a casual gamer (on the Wii) before then. Well, I did do some platformers too. These days I play cutscene-heavy games and the occasional racing game, although I've discovered this past week that rhythm games tickle just the right places in my brain to be too addicting.

I don't game often, maybe like once every week or once every two weeks. I'm under the firm belief that video games are bad for your health, so I keep in moderation.

Ah! I remember attempting to overclock some graphics cards in the past...never got too much extra performance out of them. I only got into PC Gaming fairly recently, I was exclusively a casual gamer (on the Wii) before then. Well, I did do some platformers too. These days I play cutscene-heavy games and the occasional racing game, although I've discovered this past week that rhythm games tickle just the right places in my brain to be too addicting.

I don't game often, maybe like once every week or once every two weeks. I'm under the firm belief that video games are bad for your health, so I keep in moderation.
I think that anything that keeps you engaged is better than nothing. But my main relaxation focus is music and my other hobbies.
Then like Steven says.."stoned in the mall the kids play, and in this way wish away each day"...is probably not so good. Since I was one of those kids, minus the mall part, I get that to the max.
As I age I try to keep my mind occupied even if it's just sitting and thinking about almost any variety of things. Like this new 71" cabinet I ordered (cheaper than I can build) and how I will rearrange my disc collection (in three 71" cabinets + the racks I built...which I hope to eliminate.). :)

Last edited:
So when all the football action is done & 2023 winds down you might look for something else to enjoy. There's always music of course but I will suggest a long time quirky favorite of mine, a movie called Four Rooms.

It takes place on New Years Eve at the Mon Signor Hotel. An anthology of four stories each is a room with it's own adventure. Each room is filmed by a different director & I'll say my fave is the one directed by & featuring Quentin Tarantino, The Man from Hollywood.

It doesn't seem to be free to stream anywhere but it's cheap to rent & I might suggest VUDU as there's no fee to join & no monthly charge & no commercials:

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/four-rooms
The film's music is by Combustible Edison who also did the music for Swingers. Their music is so unique like jazzy exotica I bought the OST's to both those films. The theme to Four Rooms is called Vertigogo. So here ya gogo:

I hope someone makes the effort to watch it. I'd love to hear what you think!

Last edited:
Back